MS...and so it begins

MarieLyo

Pregnant - 3rd Trimester
Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm sure this has been posted a million times...I'm looking for your tips for comfort during morning sickness. I'm 6wk + 4 days with my second babe and the MS creeped in on Monday. Ugh! I had it until week 16 with my DD, I'm crossing my fingers this round will be a little more kind 😉

I've forgotten all the must know tips during MS and am hoping you'll share!

I know how you feel, I've had it about a week. I had it really bad first and third time and nothing helped. X

Travel bands!
Sucking on hard boiled sweets helps a bit when I feel really sick.
Ginger doesn't help me at all but for some people it does!
I have this roll on stuff you put on your wrists, I'll try anything!
Mainly grinning and bearing it, and trying to aim for the toilet, almost didn't make it twice! ;-)

Any suggested brand for the travel bands?

Thanks for your quick responses!

Think I just used the ones I found in boots, can't imagine there is much difference!

Im getting some days are a lot worse than others, the last two days havent been as awful, i have only been sick once and that wasnt lots, but iv felt so so sick that i can barely move off the sofa i find snacking helps, dry crackers have been the best thing so far

I use Sea Bands brand travel bands, they were a miracle for me. I was so sick between weeks 6 and 7 that I couldn't get off the couch all weekend, save for running to the bathroom to dry heave. Sea bands made me feel like an actual functioning person again.

I had it awful once 6w2 hit...it has just started tapering off and I am 10w6 now.

Things that helped me
1) a small bowl of cereal before bed
2) a handful of dry cereal or crackers before ever leaving the bed in the morning (an empty stomach becomes an angry stomach for me!)
3) frequent, TINY meals
4) sipping gingerale
5) lemon...anything lemon. Lemon in water, tea, lemon drop hard candies, frozen lemonade...I am a lemon addict now!
6) olives. Sounds weird but olives have been proven to settle nausea and became a regular snack of mine.
7) never leave home with out a sleeve of crackers in your purse
(I keep extras in my desk at work and in my and DH car!)
8) find if you have any triggers and ban them from your environment for a couple weeks...(DH will have to deal if that means the smell of his tacos drives you crazy! Even eating them out of your presence doesn't help because your crazy pregnancy nose WILL sniff it out!)
9) try to either stand, lay down or recline if sitting. Sitting straight up for some reason made my stomach ache worse (maybe it's pressure, who knows)

hope these help!

I second the lemon! I'm 5w1 and not too bad MS yet, except a couple days and lemon in my water really helps! I have been getting nauseous after every time I eat, so I drink lemon water with my meals and it helps a ton.

I've been throwing up non stop. Anything I eat and drink. I read that lucozade sport orange (still one that is caffeine free) works. I got some. It's a miracle worker. My sickness instantly disappeared. Try not to drink too much as they sugar content is ridiculously high but it's been a lifesaver tonight for me

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->