Mucus plug? Already?

Genevevex

Reaction score
Ug. This pregnancy has been terrible.

Going to the bathroom tonight, and as I wipe there is a really THICK clear discharge. Like, it won't come off onto the toilet paper it's so thick--I can grab it between my fingers and pull it a bit. Could this be part of my mucus plug? I never lost mine with my previous two pregnancies.

Hubby and I had sex last night, but that's never been an issue before... I'm a little worried now, especially since it's so early at only 21 weeks. :( No other symptoms, though.

Maybe I should ring the doctor in the morning?

You can lose parts throughout pregnancy and it regenerates. As long as it's not bloody, it's nothing to worry about. Do give your doctor a call though if you want some reassurance, it's what they're there for.

You can lose parts throughout pregnancy and it regenerates. As long as it's not bloody, it's nothing to worry about. Do give your doctor a call though if you want some reassurance, it's what they're there for.

That makes me feel a little better. Everything I read was talking about signs of premature labor. My next appointment is next week, and I really don't want to have to go in early unless I really have to.

Yes like Jellybeanxx said, your mucus plug regenerates throughout the pregnancy. Unless you see blood there shouldn't be reason for concern. I have had it earlier this pregnancy than in past pregnancies as well.

Update: I went ahead and called the doctor, since I had more of this same discharge the next afternoon. I just wanted to be safe.

They checked me out and looked at things under a microscope and everything. Said everything is fine; no infections, no signs of prelabor, nothing. Likely it might have been part of the mucus plug, which would regrow, or even just a change in my hormones.

Glad you got some reassurance. Always best to check if you're worried, even just for the peace of mind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->