Multidisciplinary referal

shopgirl771

mum to Jacob
Reaction score
What is a multidisciplinary referal? Our ST kept asking today if I wanted a referal but even googling I'm none the wiser.

Can anyone help please x

i ciuld be wrong but my daughters been referred to the local child development centre within our hospital, and there she will be assessed by physio, OT, dietician, paediatricians etc. so could be aomething like that where all the services will have some input on her treatment

That would make sense from what she was saying.
Thanks x

Ours had his paed and one of her colleagues, a senior S&L therapist and an occupational therapist and also agreed to have a student observe. It was one long (2.5hrs) session that was broken down with a break for lunch. During this time Ellis was monitored by them all but without us in the room. We then went over everything that had been raised by us, his SENCO at preschool and his paed through her observations. We had to go over everything, family history, birth experience, day to day, development ect. Every areas different, some do it over a course of 3 sessions, some 1 like ours and its never guaranteed that you'll get a diagnosis there and then. I

Thanks. This sounds like it could be quite positive news then. A diagnosis could be on the horizon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->