Mum thinks im being selfish! Am i?

A

Always&4ever

I have a funeral on friday and my mums boyfriend offered to have Jasmine for me, my SIL has now decided she wants to go so my mums boyf said he would look after her kids aswell, after I found this out tonight I told my mum no as its not fair on John to look after a 3year old, 16month old and 11month old, now she said Im being selfish. The reason I said no as if Jasmine was to have another seizure, he would have to take all 3 kids to the hospital, its no place for the other 2 anyway, and my neice is a very advanced chuld, she would be petrified to see Jasmine going through that again :( Is it so bad that I want my daughter to have 100% attention or am I being stupid. Be honest.

I think I'd feel the same, and no I don't think you're being selfish - but if it's only for a few hours I probably would still leave her as long as you trust him to get her to hospital straight away if something did happen. Knowing what you've all been through with Jasmine recently I doubt that he'll take his eyes off her for a second, even with the other two there :hugs: x

I don't know :( I know he wouldn't cope with all three kids though

If you feel that he won't cope, then personally I wouldn't leave her.

It's not being selfish at all, your concerned for your lil one :)

If you won't feel comfortable then don't go. 3 kids is a lot to look after and it'd be worse to go to the funeral and worry than to not go.

I would feel as you do, i wouldn't leave her to be honest. Don't think they let one person look after that many young kids in a nursery do they? and they are trained and qualified people (usually)

i don't think your being selfish at all! i too wouldn't feel comfortable with this, you're only thinking about jasmine, thats not selfish at all :hugs: x

i think ur doing right. Can u take her with you?

no hun your being a responsible parent :hugs:

xxx

(p.s id be the same)

No they won't allow children under 2 in the church, my cousin said she will have her as her son will be at school anyway and Jasmine has stayed with Sharon before

No they won't allow children under 2 in the church, my cousin said she will have her as her son will be at school anyway and Jasmine has stayed with Sharon before

I'd definitely ask your cousin then - if you don't think he'll cope with all 3 I wouldn't leave her either...you're being responsible, not selfish! x x

i think your doing the right thing, 3 kids are hard work, i wouldnt leave her

i wouldnt id be totally like you tour not being selfish at all

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
babygiftcoll
Back