Mummies and Babies who have had thrush

Girly922

Reaction score
Both me and DD are being treated for thrush. She has nystatin drops and I have canesten cream for my nipples. We only got the prescription on Monday and we're both seeing some improvement already. I was just wondering how long it normally takes to clear up?

You should keep treating for 10 days after all symptoms are gone

Sorry you're dealing with this, me and dd had the same around 4 weeks and it was awful. She was given gel to put in her mouth and I was given cream to put on my nipples, which seemed to help a little bit but then stopped doing much ad I was still having pain. My health visitor was really surprised I'd been given cream and said I should've been given oral antibiotics, and she ended up contacting the doctor and getting us a new prescription, and I was much better after the 5 day course of antibiotics. Hope it clears up for you soon

Thrush is a bitch! We've had nystatin, oral gel, nipple cream and ive been on a 14 day course of drugs!.... Definately keep using your medicine for atleast week after it has cleared. Don't be disheartened it it comes back despite your best efforts. X

Thanks ladies!

We're both pretty much symptom free now. DD has almost finished her nystatin but we're due to see GP for our 6 week check on Wednesday so will check to see if she will need another bottle. I'm still using my cream and the only pain I seem to be getting now is letdown pain - never had that before. Hoping I won't need the antibiotics! Lol.

Antibiotics don't treat thrush it's antifungals. Antibiotics often cause thrush

I had thrush for 2 months. The only thing that finally got rid of it for me was diflucan. LO never showed symptoms. My nipples were super cracked and sore the entire time.

I'm suffering at the moment too. I have cream and he has drops. This is fifth day of using them though and it's still so painful. Any tips on getting through the pain?

My pain didn't last too long. Now I just get let down pain. When it was really bad I was expressing and bottle feeding, or using nipple shields when BFing. I was also taking ibuprofen whenever the pain got too bad. Apparently compresses can help too, I just kept getting told to power on through the pain. You can tell my HV never experienced the pain of nipple thrush for herself!!

DD is halfway through her 2nd bottle of nystatin now. Hoping this clears it but I can still see some covering on her tongue. Main problem we've got now is that the nystatin seems to be giving her awful reflux. Can't wait to be finished with it!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->