Mummy to 17 month old and feel like a complete failure

Babybumpdec

one liitle girl and boy x
Reaction score
Hi I currently have three children my youngest being 17 months old and just feel like I'm failing completely :( my son walks around furniture ok climb up and down the sofa but isn't walking yet we had a couple of steps but that's it, he's such a fussy eater we have tried most things and struggling to get him to eat just everyone else's children younger than him are walking xx my other two walked at 9 months and 14 months xx

My husband didn't walk until 16 months my MIL says he was lazy having 2 older siblingsto bring him things and they were old enough to carry him. You haven't mentioned crawling, does he crawl well? My DD will get down and crawl between things because she's so fast! They really are all different though, at my baby signing group they range from a 7 Month old who pull ups and climbs to 18 month old who can only scoot but she speaks very well

Yeah he does he was a late crawler didn't crawl or sit up till about 10 months he is fast when he does x

Aww hun it’s so hard not to compare our children are doing but don’t be too hard on yourself. He’s probably just a bit slower than the other children . My DD2 could talk way better than what DD1 could at that age but DD1 was better at motor skills . Some children are just better at other stuff. Your giving him plenty of time floor and walking time. Fussing eating is a nightmare DD1 is still the same one at 5 . DD2 will eat anything it’s crazy ! I just keep offering different foods on the same plate with foods I know she will like .. she’s recently started to try a tiny bite !

Good luck hun , your doing a great job don’t put yourself down ! Xx

I know how hard it is not to compare, my little one wasn‘t even bearing weight on her legs until about 13 months, started walking at 15 months.

When I went to the doctor for her vaccination i mentioned that she wasn‘t standing up and he reassured me that everything up until 18 months is completely normal and that doesn‘t mean after 18 months there‘s automatically something wrong it‘s just that then they‘ll start further investigation. His own daughters were late walkers at 17 and 19 months. For some reason hearing a pediatritian‘s children were late walkers reassured me most haha

You are not failing at all. A child will learn to walk, and not because we as parents teach them. So it‘s not something you can even fail at :hugs:
As with eating.. i understand your frustration, my daughter used to be such a good eater and now is getting fussier by the week. You‘re definitely not alone and you‘re most importantly not failing st all! :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->