• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Mums who breastfed, what are your boobs like after weaning?

dinosaur2010

Reaction score
Just about to wean my 21 month old who is my 3rd and final baby, I've had back to back pregnancies and breastfeeding has over lapped with each so I've no idea what boobs do once you stop and don't have the pregnancy hormones to grow them again! I'm scared they are going to be alot worse than they are now, they are already much saggier than pre preg. Do they just look like how they look when they are completely emptied of milk? That i could just about handle :laugh2:

Yep I hate to say it but mine are just empty sacks 😂

I'm enjoying being pregnant as they have some shape to them! Haha

I am also on back to back pregnancies, I breastfed my DD until I was 4 months pregnant with my DS. However, my DD refused my left breast entirely after about 6 months of age, so I fed her exclusively on my right breast for the remaining 7 months that I nursed her. My left breast went back to normal after my daughter stopped nursing on that side, no sagginess or anything. Then I got horrible stretch marks on it when I got pregnant again because it had shrunk back down to normal and then ballooned up big time when my milk came in after my second pregnancy. My right breast just stayed the same size throughout nursing and my second pregnancy and milk coming in. I have noticed now about 6 months into feeding my DS that when both breasts are drained they look saggy, so I am not holding out hope that they will go back to their perky selves once DS stops nursing.

I'm still nursing a 3 year old and 7 month old, but I know my boobs are going to be rubbish after I've finished. I've suffered oversupply both times for at least the first 5 months, and being so frequently engorged has really taken its toll on them lol. I don't get engorgement now (maybe once in a blue moon) and my deflated old boobs are really quite disappointing, I have to say. Once I'm done forever, I'll be left with a pair of spaniel's ears. :cry:

I actually don't think mine are bad!! My youngest is two now so I haven't bf for over a year. They're not as perky as pre pregnancy but I wouldn't say they're really saggy and deflated either

I have been breastfeeding day and night almost six years now. I dread to think what mine will look like when I've finished. I've lost a lot of weight too so I think that's going to make the whole area look much worse! :wacko:

Weightloss made mine look a million times worse than weaning did. I stopped nursing Thomas at 17 months and Sophie at 11 months and my boobs didn't change.

Emma is still feeding frequently so I'm not totally don't with breastfeeding yet, but I found losing weight made my boobs looks gross!

I actually don't think mine are bad!! My youngest is two now so I haven't bf for over a year. They're not as perky as pre pregnancy but I wouldn't say they're really saggy and deflated either

I feel the same just now, I could put up with them at their empty state if that's what they will end up like. But dreading them getting any worse!! I guess time will tell.

I'm still nursing a 3 year old and 7 month old, but I know my boobs are going to be rubbish after I've finished. I've suffered oversupply both times for at least the first 5 months, and being so frequently engorged has really taken its toll on them lol. I don't get engorgement now (maybe once in a blue moon) and my deflated old boobs are really quite disappointing, I have to say. Once I'm done forever, I'll be left with a pair of spaniel's ears. :cry:

So can you imagine there's going to be much change from feeding a toddler, for me this is one big feed before bed and apart from that little suckles here and there, and then stopping? My boobs dont get engorged now or even feel full. I'm just hoping there won't be a great deal of change!

I have been breastfeeding day and night almost six years now. I dread to think what mine will look like when I've finished. I've lost a lot of weight too so I think that's going to make the whole area look much worse! :wacko:

I've heard that nipples do shrink after stopping and go lighter in colour, mine are huge just now so I'm looking forward to this!! Yes since I've lost weight all my breast bones are visible where my boobs once were!

Yep I hate to say it but mine are just empty sacks 😂

I'm enjoying being pregnant as they have some shape to them! Haha

Yes I loved pregnant boobs too! Nice and full, I think it's the fullness rather than the sag, as most natural breasts do have a bit of sag but it's that full look that will prob be lost by our little darlings sucking us dry!!

So can you imagine there's going to be much change from feeding a toddler, for me this is one big feed before bed and apart from that little suckles here and there, and then stopping? My boobs dont get engorged now or even feel full. I'm just hoping there won't be a great deal of change!

I don't think at this stage there will be much, or any, change to be honest!

I've only had one child and BF him till he self weened at 20 months. I so expected to end up very saggy as I was already 43 by this point and had lost a stone from my pre-pregnancy weight while feeding. Instead I went up 2 cup sizes and have never gone back down!

I bf my daughter for only a short time, my son for 14 months and they are.....soft.
I'm big busted and they certainly don't sit where they used to, but they have gone from a G to a J cup even though my back size has gone down from 38 to 32". I'm not unhappy with them though, don't quite need to tuck them in my socks yet 😂😂

Thanks for your input ladies! I guess time will tell what I'm left with. One of my friends today said hers went alot smaller but not too bad looking and they kind of went back up!! I'll update this in a few months time!!

Mine are saggy but not horrifically. They used to be massive and now they're much smaller and quite a good size. I don't mind them.

Even before I had children my boobs resembled deflated, used balloons. They never have been very nice to look at and I NEVER get those nice perky huge boobs while pregnant or breastfeeding. :cry: Hoping that one day I can fund a trip to Thailand to help that. :rofl:

Just looking at this again and thinking I would love to know how the formula feeders boobs are, they say pregnancy is the cause of saggy boobs not breastfeeding. And I would've thought ff may cause more sagginess as they deflate quickly after pregnancy.

Just looking at this again and thinking I would love to know how the formula feeders boobs are, they say pregnancy is the cause of saggy boobs not breastfeeding. And I would've thought ff may cause more sagginess as they deflate quickly after pregnancy.

In response to your query I only breastfed my son for a week due to a few issues, before switching to FF. My boobs are pretty much the same. I didnt gain much weight during my pregnancy so not sure if thats a factor either?
I also lost a baby at 15 weeks and my milk came in after. Again this didnt impact on the look of my boobs now, although I carried more weight and my chest was very engorged and sore during that pregnancy.
I wonder if genetics play a part as my mums had 3 pregnancies and still has good boobs. She didnt get any stretch marks either, even though in her words, she was the size of a house during 1 pregnancy!!

Very interested I this too, I'll update the post title!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->