Mums who will have 2 under 2 or near about?

IsabellaJayne

Mum of beautiful girls! WTT Dec 2023
Reaction score
When this baby is born, my DD will either be just 2 or nearly 2. I'm pondering whether to get a double pram. She is a good walker and we rarely use her pram. I drive also so don't walk to many places. And when we do, she usually walks herself.

I'm just worried about coping with a toddler whilst pushing a pram. I fear it may be dangerous.

Someone suggested a buggy board to me. Are they safe?

Do I get a cheap double? Or not. Argh

We bought an affordable double.

I wasnt fan of board i knew my oldest wouldnt stand still on it. Using a wrist strap just didnt walk with her.

Yeah I have a feeling Heidi won't stand on a board either as she will want to walk. I'm thinking of getting a cheap double. Definitely I think

My first 2 were 18 months apart and we had a double but by the time my eldest was 2 she always wanted to walk so we sold it and got a buggy board. This time they'll be just under 2 years. I'm either going to get a phil and ted so it can be turned into a single or buy a buggy board with a seat and if my toddler gets tired put the baby in my sling. My I'm not wasting money on a double because this will probably be our last baby x

I had a double for my then 20month old and newborn as I had a 4yo old too. And it was better for school runs and such, I don't regret getting a double. This time however there will be 2 years between them and with an almost 4 year old and 6 year old I'm not going to bother, my daughter will have a. Ugh board. My 4 year old will have reigns.

The difference being my then 20month old was a boy and my daughter will be nearly two and is far better behaved lol! Xx

I had a two and a bit yr age gap last time and we got a phil and teds, it was really good for 'containment' I can't say my eldest wanted to go in it but on days I needed some shopping or something it was brilliant. I will have a two year gap again... I hope my youngest is walking better by then as he hates his pram but refuses to walk in the right direction!

my 2 are 17 months apart and i never got a double, I either wore the baby or both of them. we walked everywhere as well

I will have 2 under 2 this time.

I plan on using the same stroller (pram?) I have, but wearing the baby. My first kid is very curious and I'm pretty sure he'd spend his whole ride in a double trying to put his fingers in the baby's nose.

There was 22 months between my girls. We got the phil and teds double. It was a huge waste of money, my eldest wanted to walk everywhere! We got a buggyboard and that got used for about 6-7 months x

There will be 2.5 years between my two and we are getting a double that converts into a single so will get plenty of use. I think it will be handy if DD is tired or tantruming and that way I have a safe place to put her

there's is 51 week between my two boys. I got a cheap double, got the graco tandem. it's quite bulky but has a massive basket and we only paid £116 for it.
this time i'll have 3 under 3. my eldest will be 4 months off being 3, so he'll be walking pretty much every where so going to get a buggy board for him.

We will have 20months between my youngest and baby and with my oldest starting school this year we are going to invest in a double that can also be a single so we will get use of it. My oldest was nearer 3 before I could let him walk without his pram and with school runs etc will just be quicker than trying to get my youngest to walk x

I'm so torn. I can imagine my DD playing up a lot. She always wants to walk by herself and in the direction she wants to. I'm thinking double. Will just be easier I think

Mine will be just under 22 months apart definately will be getting a double

Originally mine we're going to 13 months apart as I was due in May, but I had a 2nd trimester miscarriage over Christmas and that was that. So back to trying again and I'm lucky to find myself pregnant again, but DD will have a 21 month age gap instead. She has a 7 year age gap between her big brother so still a nice small one!

Mine are going to be 21 months apart and we already have a Phil & Teds so I am going to get the doubles kit as we do a lot of dog walks etc so he will get tired and want to go in the buggy I should expect :shrug: I was thinking of buying a double but not sure it is worth it if I already have a Phil & Ted I can double up and this will be our last :wacko:

Yeah we're going to go with a double. We've like the icandy Apple to pear :)

Yeah we're going to go with a double. We've like the icandy Apple to pear :)

Thats the one we have been looking at (should i say I lol) Still to show the OH but like how it goes from a single to double. and right now with a single pram i know how hard it can be to get round some clothes shops etc nevermind if we were to get a double that the seats are side by side. xx

Hey I had two under two I have 3 under 4 now , I have a double buggy that was £95 it's the best thing I've ever brought and I've had allot of them it's a graco , it's a three wheeler one one top of the other , I highly recommend it , I've had many doubles and this has been the best I had a Hauck duo one on top of the other and the handle snapped and went straight into my daughters face it was the worst pram ever but then I got this one and it's so much better !! I've also had side by side but you can't get them in anywhere same with one in front of the other Iam quite small and I couldn't get them up curbs or anything lol x

I had an set Apple and hated it so heavy when folded and bulky too. Using it was hell up hills. The peach however is in a different league. I've just bought one second hand for a fraction of the price new. You can buy new fabrics, sand and polish the frame and it looks new

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->