My 5 year old has a girlfriend :/

EcoMama

Reaction score
I'm not sure what to think or what to do.

He tells me they're married, and when she came round to play after school I found the on the sofa hugging and stroking eachothers hair.

Was chatting to girls mum today and she said that her dd say that they will marry when they're older and that they have kissed.

Now, I wasn't to bothered as it's all very innocent, and they play alot of family role play in school with the other children. But the girls mum said that she had never dealt with any of this from her older ds, which made me wonder if it's normal?

I had a boyfriend at that age! We even had a pretend wedding ceremony. As a teenager I was never into boys and didn't get into a serious relationship until I was in my early twenties so I don't think it means anything, I think it's just experimenting playing adult roles at that age.

My friends LO has a girlfriend! They're both 5. They live in the same block of flats and went to the same nursery together, I think it's just a natural thing they do around this age.

I'd say it's normal. My son had a girlfriend at 5/6 :)

Is the kissing normal?.... He said they kissed on the lips in front of the big kids, and the big kids told him to run away afterwards so she'd chase him.
Im worried hes beong egged on by older influences!

Logan has 2 girlfriends and a boyfriend, apparently :haha: its very normal at this age, and rather cute! X

Is the kissing normal?.... He said they kissed on the lips in front of the big kids, and the big kids told him to run away afterwards so she'd chase him.
Im worried hes beong egged on by older influences!

Yeah that sounds like he is being encouraged to kiss. I would speak to his teacher, just to make sure he is not being picked on. X

My friends 2 year old has a boyfriend!

She tells us she loves him and likes holding his hand and he strokes her hair?

Tis rather cute! :D

My almost three-year-old has a crush on our neighbour's granddaughter. He's always asking for her to come over and gets all giggly and smiley when he talks about her in a way he doesn't with his other friends. It starts early!

My 4 Year old has got 2 girlfriends :/ lol I'm sure it's normal lol

My little girl has had a boyfriend since she was five (they're now seven), they are always together in the playground, hold hands in the playground, have talked about spending their life together, marriage and even what they'll call their children (they're having three, I can't remember the two boys names but Sophia is the girls name :haha: ). They've kissed a few times at parties (no kissing rule at school) but they wanted to, no pressure. I'd talk to the teacher about the encouraging though xx

My 4 year old had a girlfriend, he loved her to bits, then she dumped him by pulling faces at him at story time :rofl:

The neighbours kid was my boyfriend when I was 5. I definitely remember thinking we were madly in love, and having the butterflies in the tummy. We kissed a few times. He dumped me for another girl.

We still talk and we are 32 ;-).

My 5 year old has a crush on miley cyrus 😂😂

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back