my 6 year old daughter in a fight...

Emz_number3

Reaction score
so my daughter was out playing with her friends on the grass right outside my house. quite a few children were out, and she doesnt really get on with this 7 year old girl who loves to give it the biggun, so i told Lauren to always stick up for herself.

anyway i herd them arguing and then this fight broke out. the older children split it up and now both me and the 7 year olds mom have told them both to just stay away from each other, but they wont.

all i wanna do is smack this girl in the face>>>obviously i wont

I wouldnt stress about it too much. They will prob grow up to be the best of friends. I have 2 daughters (9 + 6) and I have noticed that the bitchiness that is assocated with girls and women starts from a very early age. I listen to my daughters and try and discourage them from being bitchy but I think its in their DNA :haha: Boys I think just get on with it and dont talk behind the other boys back! haha
They are only 6 and 7, and although it is a bit worrying that they had a row and it came to blows at that age, I still wouldnt worry too much. Kids will be kids. If it was my daughters, yes I would encourage them to stick up for themselves but at the same time teach them that it is wrong to hit others and in the future if the other little girl has a go over whatever they may be annoyed over to teach your daughter to be the bigger little girl and walk away from it, because that is the right thing to do.
Good luck x

It starts so young huh? Seriously... my kids best friend can be her worst enemy the next week! lol. It usually doesn't last long... and she is not one to hold a grudge. Just talk with your daughter and explain she was right to stick up for herself... but physical altercations are not the answer. I know I know... easier said than done ;) As parents sometimes we WISH we could just grab certain kids and shake sense into them! lol. I've certainly felt that way when my kid came home saying how some girl called her a "slut" in middle school!!! Um seriously? Just because she is strong and out going and has no issue talking to boys and had a ton of guy friends at school (JUST friends!!!)...

I worry what High School will be like for her next year!? I'm sure once the girls have some time to cool down and keep their distance... things will clear up... if not, then they just won't be allowed to play together. I just tell my kid that if someone is being nasty, just walk away... and yes, sometimes she tells them they are being stupid first, lol... but we tell her do not touch another kid! Ever. The ONLY reason to get physical is self defense... and walking away should always be tried first!

Ah, the joys of parenting :) hehe

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->