My 6mo old HATES baby food

RyleighsMommy

Mother of 1 and expecting
Reaction score
My LO will be 6mo old on Tuesday, her Dr had us start her on cereal at 4months and since then we have been introducing vegetables and she has NO interest in it. Any suggestions?

Does she like the cereal? My youngest just wasn't ready for food even at 6mo, we would offer a few times a week and he just refused, he didn't want to eat. He finally started eating at 9mo

No, shes not interested in the cereal either, if its not formula, she doesnt want it lol My mom gave me the impression she should be eating baby food a few times a day to get her to cut back on the formula.

I wouldn't push it, she will eat it when she's ready. I def wouldn't cut back her formula even if she's taking solids, it should be her main source of nutrition for the first year. She will cut back on her own when she's ready. I would just try a few times a week to offer her food, if she refuses just put it away for the next time.

Might be worth offering some finger foods? My baby won't be spoon fed full stop so (amongst other reasons) we do BLW...

alfie doesnt like taking food off a spoon so we gave finger foods and now he will accept some spoon foods but definatley no puree!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jamies nearly 7 months and hates baby food!

Hes still boob fed on demand 99% of the time and will have a suck on a Yorkshire pudding, chip or biscuit if he manages to get his hands on one!!! ... but he wont be fed by a spoon and he wont have a bottle either :wacko:

They're still really young yet tho hun and im sure it will come in time (least thats what im hoping!) :hugs:

kaleb started finger foods at 5 months as he was fussy with homecooked food and now he wont let me feed him..he eats anything aslong as he can pick it up (he let me feed him pureed fruti thats it!!) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->