My almost 4 year old keeps lying...

laughingduck

Mother of one daughter
Reaction score
My daughter is 4 in a week. Latley she has been lying a lot. Just little things like I'll ask if she washed her hands, knowing she hasnt, and she says she has. Im not sure why she does this. I have never punished her for something if she tells the truth, which is why I would think a kid would lie. I remember growing up I would lie because if I confessed to breaking something for example, my mom would rage at me, so I have been very very careful to never to this with my daughter. I have been rewarding her anytime she tells the truth too, and give her a big hug and tell her how glad I am she is honest with me. We generally have a really great relationship and she is great in so many ways, but the lying has me confused. Anyway, Im not really sure why she is doing it and what I can do other than what Ive been doing. Anyone have any ideas? Is this normal?

My 4 year old lies to me aswell but as you say over stupid stuff.

Ill watch him hit the cat he'Ll say he didnt. He say he wants yoghurt and then deny asking for it. He'll through stones and it was someone else.

Im gonna guess its an age thing

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->