My Baby Boy x

xxyjadexx

Reaction score
It has taken me ages to get round to writing my birth story, looking after a newborn is a lot harder than I thought it would be!:sleep:
At my 39 week appointment on Thursday 28th July the Midwife was worried that my blood pressure was high so she told me to be to come to the day assessment unit to be monitored on the Saturday.
On Saturday after a lot of waiting around I had my blood pressure taken and a ctg. The doctor said the ctg was fine but my blood pressure was too high so they admitted me to the ward for monitoring. I was very lucky to be given my own room and got told to relax and the doctor will come to see me shortly.
Well, the Doctor came the next morning, Sunday, and said they would monitor my blood pressure every 4hrs and see how things go from there. Each time they checked my BP was getting higher and I also had a trace of protein in one of my urine samples so they said that they would start the induction process the following morning. I was worried as I had heard that the labour was a lot more painful when you are induced but I was so excited at the thought that I could have my baby by the following evening (how silly to think things would be so easy!!!)
The Doctor came to me at 8.45am on Monday and inserted the first tablet for me, which was very uncomfortable! I had to be monitored for an hour on the CTG then lie still for another hour after this.
As soon as the two hours of CTG and lying still was up I was on my ball and walking around trying to get things started. At 5pm the doctor came to check me and I was only 1cm dialated so had another tablet inserted and carried on bouncing and walking! To cut a long story short they continued these silly tablets for 3days and by Wednesday night I was only at 2cm but had lost my plug! It was then decided that I would have my waters broken and be put on a drip to start contractions, I just had to wait for a free bed in the labour ward.
9pm Thursday I was eventually taken up to the labour ward and to have my waters broken, I was in so much pain from 4days of tablets, cervix checks and sweeps that they gave me the gas and air straight away! It was amazing! I didn’t feel anything as the MW broke my waters except for I remember they where a lot warmer than expected! I was then started on the drip for the contractions and my other arm was strapped up to the BP machine and the CTG was round my belly! I couldn’t move!
Weak contractions started straight away and although they where not too bad my BP was going up with each contraction. By Midnight the contractions where quite painful and the MW was worried about how high my BP was getting as I was starting to panic with each contraction! She suggested I have an epidural as she didn’t think I was going to do well as now the contractions where really strong and on top of each other! To make it worse my husband had just shown up and decided to bring his sister with him! In the end I had to be quite rude and tell him to take her home, I had not invited her and now was not the time for a conversation about some stupid video she had watched on youtube!!! Anyway, I accepted the offer of the epidural as I was exhausted and in pain and by myself and feeling like crap!
The epidural was such a relief, except for it made me feel like I really needed the toilet!! That was all I worried about for the next few hours! I was so scared I was going to poo myself! The MW checked me at 4am and I was 6cm!!! I was so happy, I could finally see the light at the end of the tunnel! Was checked again at 8am and was told I was 9cm and if I felt the urge I should push.I called my husband to come back and he returned this time with his Aunt! Luckily she only came to see if I was ok and then left!
I told MW that I could feel the contractions on my left side and she refused to let me have a top up of the epidural as she said it was too late, I now started to panic lol! The pressure in my bum was terrible! I started giving little pushes with every contraction and could feel babies head moving down, I started to get really stressed as I didn’t want to be lying on my back anymore I wanted to be on my knees as I felt that was going to take away some of the pressure. As soon as I moved position I felt the urge to push, it was awful! I remember looking at the clock at 9.15am and I had probably only been pushing 5mins and I asked the mw if the baby would be out in the next 10minutes, the mw said no but within the next half an hour! I thought I would be dead before half an hour was up, so I pushed with all my might and 10minitues later at 9.26am on Friday 5th August my little boy was born :flower:

Attachments

• eid.jpg
    eid.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 21
Congratulations! :flower: your wee boy is adorable. Lol @ your dh bringing his sister!!

Ahh lovely story. Congrats!! He is absolutely gorgeous xx

Congratulations again Jade. Great birth story. And he is soooooo cute.

Xx

Congratulations!

I can't believe your husband turning up with a variety of random relatives though:dohh:

he is sooo cute! i bet you could have killed your OH, i would of! lol xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->