my baby is not engaging yet?

laura109

Reaction score
Im 37 weeks with my first. She is still head free. But she is bottom up and head down in the centre. I have been feeling very tired and weak lately and because of the icy paths and everyone being at work i have stayed in. Plus it aches to walk far. I do still go out a couple of times a week and bounce on my ball. I keep up with my cleaning too.

Just wandered when should she engage and what happens if she does not. Xx

Some babies don't become engaged until labour hun, it's nothing to worry about x

My daughter didn't engage until after my labour started. Don't worry about it, it really doesn't mean that labour will start soon or not :)

My little boy didn't engage until labour, even the week before I went into labour midwife said he was miles away!

I wouldn't worry, my daughter was engaged from 36 weeks and I still had to be induced at 42 weeks. I don't think engagement counts towards anything tbh x

Thank you so much girls. I will stop worrying. I went for a little walk and bounced on my ball but i guess it wont be a problem reading these posts :) xx

Yeah I wouldn't worry, with ds he didn't engage until my waters popped. And that was the start of my labour so it really can happen at the last minuite xxx

I agree not to worry about it. My first was engaged at 36 weeks and he then unengaged himself! He didn't even really engage when I was induced at 41+2 as he'd moved position and got stuck in an OP/OT position. So being engaged is not a guarantee they'll stay that way.

My dd was fully engaged the night of my induction. She obviously had no idea we were getting induced. But guess it shows they can engage at any time from weeks early to just at labor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->