My Baby Karl..4th December 08

Leanne&Bump..x

Mam of Karl & a Pup x
Reaction score
Well! What a week I had! It seems soo unreal!

At the weekend i had been feeling itchy all over, and after speaking to ladies on here i rang the midwife on Monday morning as i was still worried.
She came straight to my house, took some blood and i did a urine sample. It was +3 protein and a trace of blood..so upto the hospital it was.

I was on the CTG for about an hour, Little one was fine :)

Then my blood results showed abnormalities and i had constant high blood pressure, so my stay in hospital began on Monday 1st December.

Nothing happened on Monday and Tuesday, just constant monitoring..it was quite scary being alone in hospital ( I was in a bay all alone )

Then on Wednesday a doctor came to see me and said that they were going to induce me within the hour! I completely panicked as i thought i was going home, it was the first i'd heard!
So i rang my mam and oh, they came to the hospital and i had a quick shower.

Then it was down to the labour ward, where i was checked and i was already 2-3cm dialated. I was then given the first pessary and took back to the antenatal ward. Where i stayed all night in AGONY! Bouncing on my birthing ball alone:cry: My OH wasnt allowed to stay as i was classed as 'High Risk' because of the blood pressure.

Anyway, after a long night, on Thursday 4th at 8am i was taken to have my waters broken. First i was put on the CTG, My little man was fine so at 9 my waters were broken (wierdest feeling ever!) then the drip was started!

Gas and air was rubbish, and i had a failed epidural, but my darling was born at 15:40 on 4th December weighing 7lb20z.

I had a ventouse delivery as he began to get tired and i couldnt feel my contractions:cry:, just a constant presure so i didnt know when to push..and also had an episotomy (which is sooo sore atm):blush: but he is soo worth it i would do it 100 times over for him!:cloud9:

Attachments

• n733445345_4819060_9178.jpg
    n733445345_4819060_9178.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 90
Well done and congratulations!! If it helps any, my stitches from the epis dissolved in a week, I could sit down without too much discomfort after about 3 days and was out the house for very short walks at about 5 days. It's still a bit tender but improves every day and I'm getting much more agile.

Well done and congratulations!! If it helps any, my stitches from the epis dissolved in a week, I could sit down without too much discomfort after about 3 days and was out the house for very short walks at about 5 days. It's still a bit tender but improves every day and I'm getting much more agile.

Thanks, congratulatons to you too :)

Midwife has just been, she said my stitches are healing lovely and are nearly healed!..Hope your stitches feel completely better soon!

GreenKat, My Karl sleeps like your littleboy too! With both his arms up!
Sooo cute:cloud9:

Huge Congratulations! What a little cutie! xx

Aww bless congratulations hun, its an amazing feeling knowing you'd go through it all again :) xxx

Aw, he's beautiful! Congratulations!

Congratulations and well done sweetheart.
He's gorgeous.
I bet your proud :)
:hugs:
xx

Congratulations and well done sweetheart.
He's gorgeous.
I bet your proud :)
:hugs:
xx

Thankyou!I am soo proud :)
The midwife said today he is doing perfect and has put on an oz already! I felt like crying!
Its such an overwhelming feeling:cloud9:xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->