my baby will be born with downs, advice, etc please

mommy2lilmen

Reaction score
I am currently pregnant with my 8th and she has downs. I would like some support on how to handle this, the first few months, years, what to expect etc.. any experience please

The spectrum of ability in people with Down's syndrome is so wide there are no ways to know how your baby will develop. Some need full care with everything and others can hold down a job.

Which scan showed downs? My scans showed signs of downs also , but my son came out with only digestive issues and food allergies, and possible ADHD....but not anything near the worries they put me through! Good luck and stay positive! I hope you can get some good advice before hand !

Which scan showed downs? My scans showed signs of downs also , but my son came out with only digestive issues and food allergies, and possible ADHD....but not anything near the worries they put me through! Good luck and stay positive! I hope you can get some good advice before hand !

My amniocentesis confirmed it, my nt (nuchal tranluceny/fold) scan and my nipt (harmony) test all said it . I'm staying positive I just need to know what to prepare myself for at birth after and more

I did a search because I remembered a post from a few years ago regarding a mama who was in a similar situation to you. I don't have any advice as no experience, but wanted to say congrats on your pregnancy! Holy cow - 7 boys and a wee girl! :hugs::hugs:

https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/s...son-has-downs-syndrome-19-weeks-pregnant.html

congratulations!!! my friend has a wee girl with downs and she says she didnt expect the multitude of heart problems that comes with down syndrome. she also said she wasnt prepared for unaccepting people and rude questions from adults and bullying from children.
she is generally veyr happy and she copes well but acknowledges it is very hard at times and ALWAYS worth it. i have learned from her it is ok to cry when things get hard, you dont have ot pretend to be strong you ARE strong and being strong means not pretending and the bond and love is th emost amazing thing this child wil lbe beautiful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->