My baby's a night owl!

Rayven

Reaction score
When i was preggers bubs had a habit of being VERY quiet during the day & woke up in the evening/night & continuously kicked me while i was trying to sleep - now he's out and nothing has changed! He's fabulous during the day - has a feed, gets changed, gets winded, gets laid down in his moses basket & falls asleep.............but...............come about 9pm he's wide awake, doesn't want to settle & will only settle if laying on me.
I feed and change him at night practically in the dark (to get him used to the fact that night time isn't play time) & I don't interact with him during the night (except to change, feed & wind) but so far he's just a night owl.
Any suggestions? Or will he just sort himself out evenually?

i'm not sure how old your LO is... but when my LO was young young.. liek up until the one month marker she was the same way. up all hours of the night, and it was SOOO frustrating, cause i had a hard time napping in the day...
eventually she sorted herself out though. Have you thought about or do you co-sleep? I know some people are very anti-co-sleeping... But it worked fabulous for me.... i did it until she was about 2 months old.. since babies cant manipulate until they're about 4 months... its usually pretty safe... and its good way for them to understand.. hmm mommy is sleepingg.... maybe i should to! hopefully your LO gets sorted out soon! being up allll night is no fun at all.

It only took about 3 weeks and Jasmine was only getting up twice after that.... Once she was about a month I stopped changing her in the night too (but she doesnt poop in the night), and I dont take her out of her room, I go and warm up the formula myself..

Now she wakes up once, and sometimes sleeps through.

He's only 11 days old at the mo (so i probably shouldn't be complaining) but the only way i get any rest during the night is if i allow him to fall asleep on me. As i've said he's fine during the day for going to sleep in his moses basket but at night he's just too wide awake, (unless having cuddles) The problem with him falling asleep with me is that i'm too worried that something bad will happen to him (what if i inadvertently roll over - i'd never forgive myself) if i fall asleep too that i only manage to doze.
My OH can't cope without enough sleep, whereas i cope a lot better, so i'm left to do the nights - and i have two other children with me during the day (although they're back to school on Tuesday so i may be able to fit a couple of naps in then) I don't know what to do to get him tired enough to sleep at night. Have tried bathing him before bed but it makes no difference and i don't want to spend the next 18 months having to sleep with him just to get him to settle (which is what happened with my first)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrsA3000
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->