my babyt girl keeps holding her stomach anyone know why this is?

baba mccarthy

Reaction score
my little girl is 10 months old and recently shes started holdin her stomach. when she lies down she puts her two arms on her stomach (by her belly button) and pushed down and pants! it looks like shes straining to go to toilet - but shes not! her bowels r normal and she isnt in any pain as wen she does it if i touch her belly she laughs and is fine within herself! i was jus wondering if anyone else has had this problem? and whether anyone has any ideas why shes doing it? she use to do it know and again but last two days she does it all the time!

ps she now does it whilst she is sat up!

maybe she's discovered her belly? my girls just started grabbin her belly and legs when she's eating. funny babes : ]

My LO holds his belly all the time...i think his chunk amazes himself as much as it does me :haha: As far as the pushing on it and panting goes, i have no idea. Sounds like she's acting normal otherwise though so i wouldn't worry.

My baby girl (1.5 years) does this too. It's not her stomach, more lower down just below belly button. She goes quiet when does it, sometimes lies there quiet pressing down. She's done it as long as she's been able to and starting to get worried a bit. She doesn't cry so don't think she's in pain but am covered something inside is bothering her.

Hi my baby is doing the same could you please help me what was the problem with your baby. Please let me know

It sounds like a self comfort technique. It's not 'sexual' per se but she may be getting pleasurable sensations from the internal structures that attach to the clitoris and extend in to the abdomen. Some children comfort themselves to sleep by stimulating their privates. Totally normal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->