my beautiful daughters birth story (c-section-long)

glenoakgirl

Reaction score
On September 7th I had what was supposed to be my last growth scan, 7lb - 14oz they told me. EDD was Sept 20th, so I figured not much bigger would she grow. The following week, Sept 14th, I told the doc that I could not get my sugars under control (GD-no meds) I had it under great control my entire pregnancy until that week. Doc read my log book and ordered another growth scan and a bio physical profile. Turned out the baby was now a whopping 9lb-10oz....in one week my girlie had jumped 2lbs. They scheduled me for the following week, Sept 22nd to have a c-section. In case of complications with a big baby. Being my first I agreed, I only cared for the babys safety and mine.

Sept 21st, was a day of great excitement. My hubby finished work at 4pm and was off for 2 weeks. My mom was in town for already 4 weeks and was going to be with me for another 4. I was over the moon. DH took us out for a beautiful meal and we had a great night. 8pm we were getting out of the car and my mom walked through the door way first, cathcing her show on the step she fell in the door and ended up in the ER. I told the medics to take her to the hospital I was having the baby at. I had to be there at 5.30am the following morning. 12.30 am we got home from the ER with my mom and a broken sholder in tow. I was so sad for her, it really broke my heart. She was mad at herself and i told her it was an accident, it could have been a hell of a lot worse. I told her there is no way she is coming to the hospital with us in a few hours. The poor woman was in aginy. She said come hellor high water she will be there with me and DH, and she was.

No sleep later and aunty M comes to join us on this wonderful day. I was a nervous wreck, total wreck. Arrived at L & D and was taken straight to my room. Hooked up and so on. IV's started people in and out. DH, mom and aunty M were there too. Then DHs mom arrived a little later. I was getting worse by the second. I thought my heart would stop. Everyone came in and went over everything that each doc/person would be doing and what would be happening. Then the time came.....after 2 hours. DH got his scrubs on and everyone was allowed to walk me to the OR door,it was great that they could. I looked at my mom and broke down, she promised me I woudl be ok and so would the baby. Moms, they make everything ok;) Went in, and within seconds they were prepping my back for the spinal. Believe me when I say it was nothing. I am the biggest baby and am nervous as all get out and I promise you it was not at all bad. Within minutes of having the spinal placed I felt very heavy. Really wired sensation in my body but nothing I couldn't handle. I didn't like it but it was tolerable. I did however get a sick tummy and threw up, but i beleive thats normal for all. Once you get sick u are ok, they also can give u IV meds for it. Once I was hooked up and numb my DH came in and he makde it even better. Once he was in a minute or two later the docs came in. I love my docs to no end!!! I asked what i was supposed to feel, they said I would feel them move me, like I would know they are working on me but I wouldn't feelpain and I didn't. Within minutes of the first incision my beautiful daughter was being shown over the screen. weighing 7lb-14oz not 9lb-10oz. Didn't matter It was worth the cut;) That big pressure they tell u you are going to feel lasts only seconds and its not bad. Faith was now the new love of my life. Oh my was I on cloud 9. Before I knew it I was being stapled together and wheeled to recovery. It was IMHO a great experience. When I finally got to my room they told me that by 8pm that night they would have my up walking. Normally 12-16hours after surgery. Thats our rules. I had torodol every 6 hours and it lasted up until about 45 mins before it was due to be given each time. I got that for a full 24 hours. After that I never had another pain med.....they couldn't believe me. It was painful but nothing I couldn't handle. Nothing that required a narcotic pain med. 12 hours after surgery they had me up and walking, It hurt but I did it. I had some tears but I knew it needed to be done. DH and mom were there so it helped a lot. 24 hours after surgery, clot boots:) cath and IV were all pulled. I was finally free. 48 hours after surgery I was h ome with my gorgeous girl. Its been almost 3 weeks now and I am like i never had surgery. Jeex 4 days after it felt like i neve rhad surgery. I haven't lifted anything heavier than the bab but I do laundry and housework because I want to.

I am loving life and my gorgeous girl It has been th ebest ride of my life to date! sorry its long. Dont' be scared, we can do it!!!!

Congrats! I'm glad it went well. I hope your mom is recovering well.

Congrats! Such a lovely story. I have a c section (first one) in y days and am so so anxious now!! mainky about the after pain! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->