My Belated Birth Story - Birth of Eloise May

BunnyFace

Mummy
Reaction score
I thought it was about time I posted my birth story! 9 months after isn’t too late is it :haha:
I won’t be as good with details as my brain is still a little mushy but I will do my best :)
At 8am I lost my plug, thought ooo labours not far off, and it wasn’t because when I walked out the bathroom and my waters went. I knew straight away there was meconium in them so phoned the labour ward, they did seem overly fussed and told me to have some breakfast, a bath and then to come in. I did neither and went straight in, got hooked up to the monitors and that was it for a good couple of hours. The midwife came back with test results and there was definitely meconium present and I would need to be induced as I wasn’t contracting, so off she went to get a pessary to induce me.
Luckily the induction was successful and by 5pm I was in established labour but still attached to monitors. I had planned for a water birth but oh well. By this time I was having contractions on top of each other, I was feeling the urge to push and it was really quite painful so I asked for an epidural.
The midwife on duty basically said no because I “couldn’t possibly be far enough along”. She examined me and I was 8cm. She then apologised and said it was too late for the epidural but I was not allowed to push :wacko:
I was still hooked up to the monitors and trying not to push is probably the hardest thing you could possible do whilst giving birth :dohh: At this point another midwife came in and told me if I felt the urge to push then I should push so I did.
They were now about a million people in the room doing various things each one telling me to do something different. I pushed for an hour and a half and at 7:53pm on Monday 3rd May 2010 Eloise May was born weighing 5lbs 13oz at 38wks exactly. She scored 9 in her apgar test then 10 and she is perfect. She fed from the breast for 30 mins after which I had to be taken to theatre to have my placenta removed :growlmad: I will stop my birth story there because the rest of my stay in hospital was crap and I don’t want to spoil my story with it/remember it. :cloud9:

so sorry your hopsital stay sucked, but glad you have you bundle and your healthy! <3 :hugs:

Congrats and I'm sorry to hear that your stay in hospital was crap :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->