My Birth Story - 4 Months Late!!!

Lauraaraa

Love My Baby Girl
Reaction score
Sorry for the 4month delay in putting up my birth story!! but here it is!!

I was 13days overdue when i went into hospital on the 23rd may to be induced.
I was given to lots of prostin, the second lot set me off with the contractions.

At first it was a period like pain, which got more and more intense.

It took for me to be laid of the bed, on my side, legs dangling off the side of the bed because i couldnt get on it properly, for the midwife on the ward to say that yes i was in labour.......i kinda guessed that much!!!!

Went to the L&D, got on the gas and air traight away, which i now think wasnt a good idea at all.

I then got a birthing ball as getting on and off a bed wasnt good at this point.....it felt like kara's head was going to fall out!!!!

This was 2am!! I rang my mam to come to hospital as i was in labour, my partner was and is still in Afghan so couldnt be at the birth......
my mam arrived, and i was going crazy on the gas and air, it did help BUT made me feel totally out of it, which isnt good at all.....prob the closest to being high i will ever get.

contractions finally came, and the pushing began, i did feel like i was getting somewhere but it was now the next day in the morning, i hadnt slept allll night, and was exhausted....i kept saying to my mam that i couldnt push her out, i just knew i wasnt getting anywhere what so ever. however the MW was sure i could push kara out.....i couldnt....

next thing i knew after alot of pushing, almost crying out of tiredness and being scared that my pushing wasnt getting my baby out, the room filled, 2 males docs, and 4 midwives appeared, then my legs were up in stirrups, i started panicking, screaming, crying, begging for a c-section, only to be told it was to late as baby was to far down, i got told it was going to be a ventousse delivery, i had honestly never heard of a ventousse delivery so i didnt know what was going on.

i was numbed, (needle was massive), cut, and told to push when i felt contractions, i honestly couldnt feel any, i was that weak i thought i was going to pass out. so i just pushed, seemed to work as they got kara out safe, i remember seeing her thinking omg she is long!!

Kara Mai was born - 24th May - weighing in at 9lb 8 1/2ozs at 12.50pm - 13days overdue - Better late than never

having her placed on my chest was the best feeling ever......

i looked down and all i could see was them stitching me up.

i lost alot of blood so ended up having a blood transfusion and a fluid drip.

i left hospital 2days later.

Kara was definitly worth it.....but no more babies for me i dont think....i feel pretty scared that next baby will be bigger and the birth has left me traumatised!!! :wacko:

Congratulations hun. Speak to your midwife/hospital about birth councilling if it left you traumatised/frightened. Big hugs xx

Congrats! Sorry to hear it was so scary. My #2 was 1.5 pounds lighter than my #1 and had a significantly smaller head so I went from over 1 hour of pushing with #1 and him having breating troubles to 2 pushes with #2 and her not needing any NICU time, so there is hope that a second go might not be so bad if you decide at at later date that it would be nice to have more. :hugs: Also, our baby is so lovely!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->