My birth story - Not quite what I wanted but happy he is safe

naomicourt

New baby boy Bryce!
Reaction score
Well I have finally got a few minutes to write my birth story, so here it is...

I woke up at 05:00am on Boxing day to go to the toilet and when I went back to bed I felt as though I was leaking, so thought I had better go back to the toilet. I returned to my bed again and the same thing happened again, which was when I realised it must be my waters breaking!

My husband had been working nights and was due back home at 08:00am so I grabbed my phone to call him and there was no answer! I tried his work number and still no answer, so I called my Mum and she didn't answer either! I was panicking by now and shaking like a leaf! I suddenly heard the door open and my husband walk in. Thankfully as it was boxing day he was allowed to leave early and had arrived just in time!:thumbup:

He then called my Mum & Dad, who answered the phone eventually, to come and look after my Daughter while we are away.

Once they arrived my waters just gushed out and I was soaking wet all the way to the hospital which wasn't very pleasent.:nope:

On arriving at the hospital at 07:00 I was given a gown and then strapped to the ctg machine. As I had an emergency c-section previously, they wanted to keep an eye on baby this time.

After four hours of contractions I was examined to see if I was dilating and I was 3cm dilated and stretchy. :happydance:
At this stage though the contractions were really painful, especially in my bottom as I had a blocked bowel :blush: so I was given gas and air which was lovely! :haha:

Four more hours later, I was examined again and I was 6cm dilated and was in absolute agony at this stage so was begging for an epidural. I couldn't sit down to do it though as it was soo painful, so I had to have it put in laying down which was a bit scary.

Once the epi had kicked in it was bliss and my husband looked a lot more relaxed too bless him.

After another six and a half hours I was ready to start pushing! I tried so hard to push my baby out but, unfortunatly when I was pushing the baby's heart beat was decelerating. :cry:

The registrar was not happy with my ctg results so told me it would be best to have a veuntous delivery. I was so upset but still glad that I wouldn't need a c-section.

I was taken into theatre at about 23:30 and had my epidural topped up and had an episiotomy so that they could fit the veuntous cup inside to suck onto baby's head.

Unfortunatly the veuntous fell off when she was pulling as the baby was so stuck due to having the cord wrapped round it's neck twice! :nope:

The registrar had to get baby out quick so ended up using forceps. At 00:17 my gorgeous baby boy Bryce James was born and put on to my chest and my Husband and I were both in tears. Poor little thing was covered in cuts and bruises on his head from the veuntous and forceps. :cry:

Luckily though all is fine and he has recovered so well from it and has hardly any marks left on his head now, he is gorgeous!:cloud9:

He weighed a whopping 9lb 6oz!!:baby:

Blimey Naomi I had no idea it was like that, glad all is ok now, hope you are all well x

awww wonderful! congratulations and well done!

Awe sorry you had a rough go but glad hes here....hes adorable!!!!! Congrats!!!!

Didnt know you'd had a rough time of it but hes gorgeous Naomi, huge congrats!

congrats congrats congrats, I'm sorry it was rough for you, but I am happy to know that all is well now and you have a adorable LO now.

Well done hun and congratulations to you all xx

Congratulations Naomi! Sounds like an ordeal but glad you are both recovering well. Thanks for all your work on the Jan Jellybeans page. I hope to be joining the new Jan mummies page very very soon!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->