My birth story :-) *WARNING-contains a few bad things that happened as well*

ajraye

<3 being a mommy
Reaction score
So as promised, here is my birth story and my second time induction :flower: Sorry if it is a little long.
I was admitted to labor and delivery yesterday (10/24/2011) morning at 7:00 a.m. The induction started at about 8 a.m with pitocin and I was 2-3 cm dilated and 50% effaced. They started it off slow and increased the pitocin every 15 minutes. At around 8:30ish my doctor came in and broke my waters and I was at 3+ at that time. The contractions really started to pick up and I began rocking on the birthing ball to help out a little. At around 11 a.m I was at 5 cm dilated and in complete agony so I decided to go ahead and order the epidural (I got a walking epidural) so I couldn't feel the contractions but I could still walk if I wanted. ** First of the bad things to start**
The doctor came in to administer my epidural and she went to high and hit nerves which made my legs and stuff jump. It was really weird! So then she takes it out and tries to administer a second epidural in which she ends up hitting like my spine and muscle and by this time I was crying due to the pain :cry::cry: so I tell her to STOP and just leave it alone. Well then the next doctor came in and got the epidural in on the first try and completely painless ( he was way down low in my back as well). So at around 12 p.m I decided to go ahead and go to sleep and try to rest up for when it was time to push. I was checked at around 2:30 (I think) and I was at 9 cm dilated :thumbup: and then checked again at 3 and I was 10 cm and ready to push, so they called the doctor and got everything ready.
They came in and turned off the epidural which I pretty much immediately started feeling everything again. So begins to pushing! * Next Warning*
I pushed a few times and noticed that the babys heartbeat was dropping. At first they were not to worried about it and was still going to with my plans of hoping to not having to be cut or anything. Well they gave me oxygen and told me to push again and the babys heartbeat was dropping fast so they cut me BAD and told me to just PUSH! The doctor was like pulling her out as I was pushing and my daughters heartbeat was really low :cry: She came out and was not crying and was purple.... well her cord was around her neck twice and was really tight. They got her breathing after a few minutes and me freaking out!
So... Rylie Madison was born at 3:43 p.m weighing 7# 1oz and 21 inches long :cloud9: They told us that we almost lost her so I am soooo very grateful that everything went the way it did and I now have 2 beautiful daughters :cloud9: I will add pictures as soon as I get home. Thank you for reading and for all of the support you ladies gave me throughout my pregnancy!!! :hugs: to you all!

Congratulations in the birth of your daughter xxx

https://i660.photobucket.com/albums/uu330/GardenGirlMe/NEW%20BABY/congratulations-on-the-arrival-1.gif

The moment a child is born,
The mother is also born.
She never existed before.
The woman existed, but the mother, never.
A mother is something absolutely new.
:kiss:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"