my birth story warning long and not an easy read but a very happy ending

sjminimac

Reaction score
So here goes. Bear with me am typing this on my mobile whilst both my boys are asleep :) So as some of you know i went pretty over due! Baby was due on 19uh, i had a stretch and sweep on sunday 29th, that went quite well, we were pleased to find out that i was already 3cms and i started to have my first very mild contractions whilst i was at a family lunch with my in laws! They steadily increased through the day and i went off to the birth centre at 4am on bank holiday monday 30th, whilst there i dilated to 4cms but my contractions became irregular so i came back home at 2pm, i bathed and ate and slept until 11pm when they came back with a vengeance every 3 to 4 mins. I called the birth centre again to let them know i'd soon be back in, managed to get more sleep until 4am again when i had a major contraction and a very bloody show. All i'd had up to this point was paracetamol and the odd codeine but that just wasn't cutting it any more. So off we trotted again to the birthing centre and got there at 4,30am on tuesday 31st august where they examined me again and found out i was a good 7cms! At this point i pretty much pounced on the gas and air. I had an active birth so moved around a lot but seemed to hit a wall after a few hours, the midwife looked and saw my cervix had a sort of lip left over baby's head which meant that for ages i'd been pushing against the same spot and was bruising baby's head :( all the while my blood pressure had shot up nd i had strict instructions to bring it back down! We changed positions again, my waters eventually broke and baby had poo'd in his waters :( This made things pretty urgent and i asked for more pain relied but it was too late. They ran me a pool and i went in there, made a little progress then my boy got stuck! I eventually delivered him on bed and those last few pushes weren't with contractions but i had to get him otv as after 48 hours his heart rate had dropped. Out he came at 12,45pm. I had my skin to skin then they went to check me over, an 8lb 9,5oz baby and no stitches-yay me! Only problem was i'd retained part of my placenta and was bleeding none stop. An hour after i had my baby all 3 of us were ambulanced over to halifax hospital were it was removed manually which was more distressing than the birth. I won't go into details on all of that because it still upsets me now. Anyway. 2 days later they gave me a clean bill of health and let me and charlie come home, worth every second. X x x

Congrats on having your baby!!! Glad you all are happy and healthy at home! :flower::baby:

wow- sounds intense! congrats anyway, he is obviously worth it!

Glad you are home safely with your wee man. Sorry that things didn't go to plan. Wishing you a speedy recovery in body and mind :hug:

Congrats on your health and your babys health. Yea dont you love how they tend to make you forget about the bad !!

Awww hon sorry to hear it wasnt the best labour, but like you said, happy ending eventually. Congratulations x x

im sorry it wasnt the easiest but im so pleased that you both are ok!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you have to get pics up and hsow us your little baby boy! brill! hugs for youu

Aww! hope you are feeling better congratulations!

Ahh sorry you had a traumatic time, worth it in the end tho hun, congratulations xxx

yay sarah :)

congrats again, so glad that you and llittle one are fine and that the three of you are all together alast :)

look forward to seeing more pictures of him later xx

Congratulations on the birth sounds very hard but I'm sure all worth it in the end. Thanks for sharing.

Congrats on the birth of little Charlie. Glad to hear you are both doing well and are settling at home with your family. x

thanks ladies. And here he is, perfect in every way x

Attachments

• 05092010062.jpg
    05092010062.jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 3
  • 31082010052.jpg
    31082010052.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 5
aww! big congratulations! you did it and it does sound like you had a pretty hectic time!

and more :hug: to my super mommie! It was crazy but u did it

how are you felling mommy:hugs:

Congratulations on your happy ending :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g