my birth story....

staceymy

Mummy To Two Princesses
Reaction score
thought i would let everyone no how the birth went! this is going to be a long one! well here goes....

i was losing my show from monday (just sticky clear stuff... but i didnt no it was my show!). i went shopping on boxing day and was having weird pains... they didnt feel like contractions just pressure cos they were there constant. they eased off at around 4pm.
as i was getting ready for bed at around 9pm i went to the loo and i had lost a little bit of fresh blood... so i rung labour suite to inform them and they said it was normal and labour could be inminent.

i managed to get to sleep (it got me excited!!) woke up bout 7 and i was getting contractions every 20mins lasting for about 20secs. i had the midwife at 10.20am for my 38wk check so i hung on till then.
well my BP was sky high... and she checked my urine and it had ++++ protien. she checked that it wasent blood (as i had lost my show... and it was clear)
bump was 3/5ths engaged... she was mad cos i had disturbed vision and should have gone to hospital sooner....
well she rung day unit and said i had to go straight in... and said i will prob not be coming out and will end up on labour suite as i was in early labour.

so i rushed home got my bag and went in. my BP wasent shifting it was getting higher, bump was ok and i was getting about 5 contractions in about 20mins (but i didnt feel everyone of them it was just showing on monitor).
they checked my bloods and it was showing that i was getting pre eclampsia so a doctor saw me and said she will do a membrane sweep and if i hadent gave birth by the morning then they would brake my waters. she did the sweep at 1pm (which i found very painful! and i was 2cm dialated)

i then went into this room and the contractions were coming every 2/3mins and lasting 30secs. so i started was bouncing on a birthing ball and got in the bath about a hour later. that didnt help and by 4pm i had gone to 4cm and they took me me on labour suite.

by this time i was in agony! (im a woss!) i started on gas n air (did nothing at all!) but my BP was rising quite fast and they were getting worried.. so they were giving me tablets to fetch it down. the MW then suggested i have a epidural cos that would fetch it down.. so i agreed. it took around 6 attempts to get it in my spine! annd when they finally got it in it didnt work!
so at around 7.30pm they gave me pethidine and it knocked me straight out!
i woke up about 30mins later and they had given me a stronger epidural and i had no pain what so ever!
at 8.30pm she did a check, my waters went and i was 10cm and the head only about 2cm to go till it was out! so the MW gave me a hour before i could start pushing cos she didnt want my BP going any higher. so i was sat talking to my gran, on fone to my mum while i was waiting! lol!
at around 9.30pm i started pushing.. i could sort of feel a contraction.. but there was no pain.
it was so quiet and relaxed... my partner was watching the head all the time! he even got a mirror so i could see!

at 10.37pm 27/12/07 olivia was born straight on to my chest! she is absolutly beautiful and perfect. she measures 51cm and weighs 6lb 15oz and was 8 days early.

Wow Congratulations on your beautiful daughter xxx

Congrats! Glad to hear it went ok!

Congrats on your princess! Glad everything went ok other than your BP. :hugs:

Wow! That was quite the day! :) Glad to hear all is well with you and your daughter. Congratulations! :D

Congrats. Dont forget to download some piccies!

Wow congrats hun that sounds great that everything ended up well in the end!

Cant wait to see piccies!! :hugs:

Big Fat Congrats to you!! What a beautiful xmas present!! :baby:

xx

https://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a28/RachieH/Graphics/BabyGirlDrawnGirl.gifhttps://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a28/RachieH/Graphics/BabyGirlDrawnGirl.gifhttps://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a28/RachieH/Graphics/BabyGirlDrawnGirl.gifhttps://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a28/RachieH/Graphics/BabyGirlDrawnGirl.gif

Great story, good you managed a normal delivery! Congratulations! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->