My Birth story.

pink111706

Reaction score
My first post excuse the spelling typing with my one hand.

My Birth Story
Il start with the midwife appointment on 7/7/2011 I was 39 weeks and 6 days pregnant as you can imagine I was hoping the pregnancy would be ending soon my midwife began the appointment as she usually did first with my blood pressure which was normal then asked me to get on the bed so she could feel the baby's position he was still only 2/5 engaged wich he'd been from about 36 weeks and still lying back to back I was then booked in for a stretch and sweep on 15/7/2011 I left the doctors feeling quite disappointed thinking that I was going to go overdue I woke up the next morning feeling really depressed knowing it was my due date and still no signs of baby so I just kept trying to think that at the most I would only have to wait 2 weeks till I had my baby that afternoon I began to have some little pains but didn't mention it to anyone as I thought I was imagining them I went to bed at around 9pm and woke up at 10.30pm with really bad back ache wich seemed to spread to the front of my stomach I stayed in bed till about 5am not getting any sleep I woke my partner and went down stairs and told my mother about the pain I had been having she said it seemed like I was in slow labour she told me to have a warm bath by around 10am I was in more pain so my mother phoned the hospital who said to come in and they would check me once I arrived I was taken into a room were the midwife checked my blood pressure and waited to see how long my contractions were lasting she said they werent lasting to long so there was no need to check my cervix as I seemed to only be in slow labour and sent me home and said to take it easy once I arrived back in the house the pain seemed to be getting a lot worse and coming more frequent at one point I was on my bed crying holding my stomach thats when my mum decided I should go back to the hospital I arrived there at 1.30pm the midwife decided to check my cervix this time and I was 5cm dilated when she said that I felt so happy knowing all the pain was getting me somewhere so I was kept in hospital and given gas and air which didn't seem to help just made me feel drunk every hour a midwife checked the babys heart rate by 3pm I felt the pain was getting worse and asked for pethadine (wish I never) it made me feel sick throughout labour the only plus side to it was that it made the baby turn at 5pm I was given an internal the midwife checked me and I was fully dilated she had to break my waters and at 5.30pm I was ready to push my baby was born on 09/07/2011 at 6.44pm weighing 7 lbs 4 oz once cleaned up I was sent to a private room with my partner and baby to spend the night the next morning the baby was checked by the midwife and bathed then we were allowed home at 10.30am.

All the pain was worth it for my lovely baby boy i would do it all again.
Thanks for taking the time to read :flower:

Congratulations on your lil boy :) x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"