My Booklist 2011, future reads and favourites!

rjsmam

Reaction score
2011 reads
The Rule of Four - Ian Caldwell/Dustin Thomason
Angels and Demons - Dan Brown
The White Queen - Philippa Gregory
The Bones of Avalon - Phil Rickman
Great Expectations -Charles Dickens
The Winter Ghosts - Kate Mosse
The Hare with the Amber Eyes (currently reading) - Edmund De Waal

Favourites;

Goodnight Mister Tom - read it as child & is ingrained in my memory, v touching & I hope my kids will read in the future

The Other Boleyn Girl - Philippa Gregory - historical fiction - completely consumed me!

Pride & Prejudice - needs no explaining!

Things My Girlfriend and I have Argued about - very very funny book with hilarious observations on relationships and family

Notes from a Small Island - another very funny book (british humour!)

The Crimson Petal and the White - recently made into a tv series for BBC3 - read it whilst in bed after having appendix removed and loved it.. very dark

I love Notes From A Small Island, it always makes me laugh. I love the debate about the best route to take from one place to another as when I first read the book we were living in one of the places mentioned in the argument.

Have you read Down Under (also called (Notes from a Sunburned Country) as well. That one is so funny and it always makes me wish I could just pack up and go on holiday.

I love Notes From A Small Island, it always makes me laugh. I love the debate about the best route to take from one place to another as when I first read the book we were living in one of the places mentioned in the argument.

Have you read Down Under (also called (Notes from a Sunburned Country) as well. That one is so funny and it always makes me wish I could just pack up and go on holiday.

it's a hoot isn't it!! i've read quite a few of his - if this is more recent then chances are i haven't yet -thanks for the tip i will defo put on my list - could do with some humour!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->