My car got vandalized

LulaBug

Mum of 6
Reaction score
My car was smashed up and burnt out last night.

They'd lifted the bonnet and started the fire under the bonnet and everything has completely burnt making it a complete write off.

The rear window had been smashed in as well.

I had to scrap it as claiming on the insurance would have cost more than the car is worth.

RIP Ruby, you served me well.

Attachments

• Ruby.jpg
    Ruby.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 48
Was probably kids :(

Absolutely gutted and she was a great little runner.

Oh my gosh, where was it parked?
Our car got broke into last week when OH went to football, they smashed the window and took his brand new phone which is a month into its contract so that's us paying for it for 2 years and them enjoying it!! 5 other cars got done then one taking a laptop, 2 phones, money and a sat nav go we count ourselves lucky!
There's some vile people in this world!

There are some real scumbags out there. :growlmad:

that is disgusting, who actually does things like that

It was parked outside the close where I live. It had been parked there when I had to be towed home when my ignition switch decided to pack up on me. Was having to wait for Monday to come for the switch to be changed. Just didn't get the chance because the scumbags did my car in. That's what winds me up. There was nothing wrong with the car at all, ran perfectly fine and had a lot of mileage left in her and a perfectly decent car has been written off by little fuckers who can't leave what's not theirs well alone. Would they set their car on fire? I very much doubt it, but yet it's OK to do it to other people. Little fucking rats! Absolutely fuming, even 4 days later. It's weird how a car can become so much a part of your life that you actually kind of grieve for it when it's gone. Am I odd in thinking that way?

It was parked outside the close where I live. It had been parked there when I had to be towed home when my ignition switch decided to pack up on me. Was having to wait for Monday to come for the switch to be changed. Just didn't get the chance because the scumbags did my car in. That's what winds me up. There was nothing wrong with the car at all, ran perfectly fine and had a lot of mileage left in her and a perfectly decent car has been written off by little fuckers who can't leave what's not theirs well alone. Would they set their car on fire? I very much doubt it, but yet it's OK to do it to other people. Little fucking rats! Absolutely fuming, even 4 days later. It's weird how a car can become so much a part of your life that you actually kind of grieve for it when it's gone. Am I odd in thinking that way?

I don't think it was vandalism then... Ford has had several recalls for faulty ignition switch fires in older vehicles. Also, notice how the back glass is on the outside and not the inside? It looks like it blew out from the heat.

I don't think it was vandalism then... Ford has had several recalls for faulty ignition switch fires in older vehicles. Also, notice how the back glass is on the outside and not the inside? It looks like it blew out from the heat.

It was definitely vandalism. As well as everything under the bonnet being completely melted and the rear window having been smashed, there was also an attempt to burn the rear bumper and the left hand side of the number plate was burnt to the point it was unreadable and there were burn patches in various places along bits of the rest of the rear bumper. Add to that, there were selective burn marks on the passenger side door frame at the top and the rear passenger side to the right. Surely if that was the case as you are describing, it would have been consistent damage throughout, not selective. The most damage was done to the engine and the bonnet. Plus, what heat? The car had not been running since Friday afternoon, my car was done in in the early hours of Monday morning. The only thing that wouldn't make sense is the window, but then the fire brigade could have done that and they probably have tools to do that. The inside of my car was drenched from where they'd put the fire out so I am willing to give the benefit of the doubt with regards to the window being smashed but that car was definitely vandalised. I do have extra pictures to show what I'm talking about so I'll get them on here soon. :thumbup:

Your not silly at all. I love my fiesta and would be sad if someone did the same for a warped idea of "fun" :( hugs x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->