My cousin :(

laura1991

Mummy to Lily
Reaction score
We've just found out my cousin has a number of disabilities because of her mums drug abuse (shes adopted). She is profoundly deaf which was always know but shes got ADHD and dsypraxia there is thought to be many more learning difficulties and she cant use her hands properly all because of the drug abuse!
My auntie is also deaf and is struggling to understand these, whats the best way to suport them?
thanks

So sorry to hear that. I guess the best way to support them is to be there no matter what and for them to feel like they are not alone and have someone they can turn to if they need it. I know that was what was important to me. Sorry they have to go through that because of someone's carlelessness. xxx

Christ it makes me so angry when I read a child has been damaged due to abuse in utero, I won't repeat what I would like to do with these people. Thank goodness she has your Aunt and good family support, hopefully together you can help her make the best of a good life that she deserved from the beginning. :hugs:

Hun, just by posting and asking she sounds like she already has your support and love. I would be a sounding board, make sure she is getting all the support she is entitled to both practical and financial. I would imagine social services are already doing a lot of this, but don;t be afraid to ask for more on behalf of your aunt. Ask social services for any support groups for her conditions that your aunt could join and maybe this would something you attend with her.

Wish you all the best :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->