My daughter is being referred

mummy2o

Reaction score
I'm so happy. I know it sounds silly, but when you go fort monthly developmental check with your health visitor and your child is always behind on where she is suppose to be, its actually great they are being pro-active this time.

With my son it was more of a fight and blamed my parenting, family break down and basically anything and everything to put the blame else where. When he got his autism diagnoses was also one of the best days as I turned round and said to all the professionals, told you so.

I get it lovely :hugs: its almost a relief to know you don't have to fight and someones on your side.

Not silly at all! Great to hear that any support will be sooner rather than later :hugs:

Felt exactly the same, so many people (well meaning!) not listening. Now he has a team on his side :flower:

Please keep us updated on how she gets on my daughter has had similar development to yours but nobody seems concerned

Please keep us updated on how she gets on my daughter has had similar development to yours but nobody seems concerned

I think they are more concerned as DS has autism so basically watched DD like a hawk. Does your older child have any issues? I honestly can't remember for the life of me (baby brain)

Hi yes she does she has a language disorder. They started down the autism route but didn't take it further than the questionnaires and reports from salt/educational phycologist . she is having blood work done also to rule out medical cause for her development issues . so far my 18 month old was late in sitting up started walking 16 month. Her interaction and language is great though

Hi yes she does she has a language disorder. They started down the autism route but didn't take it further than the questionnaires and reports from salt/educational phycologist . she is having blood work done also to rule out medical cause for her development issues . so far my 18 month old was late in sitting up started walking 16 month. Her interaction and language is great though

I spoke to one of my friends today who also has 2 special needs kids. She said getting her soon seen to and diagnoses no issue. Her daughter she's getting no help whatsoever. Her daughter is 4 and just got refused her statement(or whatever the new statement is called as it changed in September), so is going to get no help when starting school despite being almost completely non verbal. She's also not getting any speech therapy as they don't think she's ready, despite my son getting some whilst non verbal (they blamed it mainly on lack of speech). This lady only lives in the next area over from me and its all in the same county and we'd have the same medical professionals!

That's great her interaction and language are good. I guess that might be why they are less concerned, possibly. They keep saying my daughter has good eye contact so can't be autistic, although 25% of people on the spectrum can hold eye contact. Just continue to fight for your kids and you'll be fine.

How awful for that poor child starting school without support. How can a child not be ready for therapy not sure I understand that

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->