My DH is just nuts

Samantha675

Maybe baby #3?!?
Reaction score
So we are leaving tomorrow for the UK for 3 weeks. He wants us to take all the cloth diapers/nappies and NOT use disposable while traveling. He thinks that needing to wash them every other day is not a big deal. :dohh: I put my foot down and said no way was I going to spend every other afternoon washing and drying diapers while on holiday. Seriously I am all for doing my part for the environment, and for my son, but really!

Would any of you want to bother with this? Has anyone traveled with the cloth diapers, and had access to washing and drying facilities?

OMG, I would totally bring disposables! You shouldn't be bothered with doing in while on vacation! LOL I would tell DH that if he wants to bring cloth diapers he can wash and dry them, and you will bring disposables as backup. That would be a lot of work on vacation.

OMG, I would totally bring disposables! You shouldn't be bothered with doing in while on vacation! LOL I would tell DH that if he wants to bring cloth diapers he can wash and dry them, and you will bring disposables as backup. That would be a lot of work on vacation.

^ good idea here! have him wash and dry evry other day while you relax and enjoy vacation! :rofl:

i plan to cloth as well, but when/if i go visit family, vaca etc, i'd totally bring sposies unless i knew i'd be cooped up at home most the time (at family home) and have the time for washing lol

Wow he's out of his mind! I agree tell him he will wash them if he wants to bring them!

I'm not really familiar with those but when you go out for the day isn't it much better to bring a disposable one?? I mean... carrying dirty cloths all day??!...

Thank you ladies. I knew he was off his rocker. I did tell him last night, when he was going on and on about how it was not a big deal, that he was more than welcome to pack the cloth diapers in HIS bag and could wash them as well, but I was using the disposables.

HELL NO! :grr: if he insists on doing this make him do it, by hand!:rofl:

have a great holiday:happydance:

Thank you ladies. I knew he was off his rocker. I did tell him last night, when he was going on and on about how it was not a big deal, that he was more than welcome to pack the cloth diapers in HIS bag and could wash them as well, but I was using the disposables.

MEN!!!They all need a reality check!:dohh:

I did it when I visited the MIL not long after Kaya was born. It was WAY too much hassle. You do get biodegradable disposables you know

Hello there! This is amazing - do men think before they speak? :) Just kidding!

Seriously though, after having traveled with my son when he was 5 months old, disposables are the way to go. AND, what we did was bring about 2 days worth of disposables in our luggage and bought a small pack at the local store when we got to our destination. So much easier!

It's amazing how much space those things take up in your luggage!

Enjoy your holiday and remember - it is YOUR holiday, too!

good for you for putting your foot down :hugs:

Yeah we take disposables when we go away. Much easier. Is he planning on taking the nappy buckets in his luggage too?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->