My dog's being sick :S

tuesday

Reaction score
We went away for a week and left our dog with a well trusted neighbour. Jango (our dog) refused to eat while we were away so our neighbour went out and brought him some sausages, chicken and mince meat.

We returned yesterday and our neighbour gave us a spare pack of unopened mince meat which I cooked for him today (instead of letting it go to waste).

And my dogs been throwing it back up! :nope:
He has been sick twice and I can see its mince meat. :nope:

Will he be ok? He seems normal (apart from throwing up).
Its my first dog so I admit I am a little clueless :cry:

Sounds like the mince meat may have been a bit off even though it was unopened? Or that he just isn't that used to it so it upset his stomach a bit.

I am sure he will be ok, just keep an eye on him and try and get him to drink lots of water, don't feed him for a little while to make sure it's all out of his system and then try him with a small amount of what you usually feed him before giving him a full bowl.

Hope he gets well soon.:thumbup:

You could also try a bit of white rice to settle his stomach. If he's still throwing up tomorrow I would try to get him to a vet (or Monday if they aren't open on weekends). You can also give them a bit of Pepto Bismol to help with the stomach.

i woke up this morning to lots of mess (poop) off my dog the neighbour has been feeding him sausage and chicken and now hes not very well, shes done it before and hes always find in a day. stick to dry food or white rice to help settle his stomach

If he is being sick you should starve him for 24 hours, just make sur ehe has plenty of water.

However, you should ring a vet (out of hours if needed) for advice as a dog that is being sick could have an obstruction or something else serious and the vet will have a better idea of this after discussing with you. It's unlikely if the dog seems otherwise well at the moment, but some causes of vomiting could mean your dog is dead by tomorrow if not treated and a phone call costs nothing really. If the vet thinks they need to see your dog they will tell you.

Well, it was a busy night cleaning sick after sick up but he's much better today. I have cooked some rice for him, think its helped I couldn't starve him as he was so hungry this morning. I think I will be keeping him off any mince meat from now on.
Thanks ladies x

When my dogs are ill I always give them some white rice, with chicken in it.. To make it appetising and light on their tummies. Sounds like the meats just gone through him babe :) He'll be fine. x

Aw poor dog, I'm glad he is seeming better. Rice is definitely the best thing when their tummies are bad xx

I've never given a dog mince meat, its too rich and every dog i had hasn't been able to handle it :)

Dogs are meant to eat meat. They cannot properly digest or process cereals, found in commercial complete diets, which is one of the reasons dogs tend to eat their poo, what comes out is pretty similar to what goes in. It is also one of the reasons dogs get skin and diegstive problems, both long term and otherwise.

Any sudden change to a dogs' diet is likely to upset it's stomach, whether you give mince, chicken, a different brand kibble...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->