My Doppler has picked up 2 whooshing noises - Twins or user error?

Carhar

Mum
Reaction score
I'm roughly 10 weeks and have a scan tomorrow. On my Doppler I've picked up 2 placenta type whooshing noises with a heartbeat that is hard to make out over the whooshing. Both are over 150bpm but it does go up and down.

Could it just be my artery? They're too far apart for me to be picking up the same heartbeat twice. Panicking slightly as this pregnancy was a bit earlier than planned as it was and I do have twins in my family.

Any advice /experiences would be appreciated as my DH looked green when I told him I found two heartbeats over 150bpm. X

It could be twins or it could be the same heartbeat. If it's only faint then it's likely baby isn't actually where you're pointing the Doppler but is the other side of your uterus, so you could pick the heartbeat up from different places on your stomach. It's only a guess but I assume that's what happens to me when I pick up the heartbeat in different places. I've had two scans and know there's only one bubba in there. I find the whooshing all over too, there's arteries and the placenta in there so I try and ignore the whooshing.

Let us know how your scan goes though, at least you won't be surprised if it does turn out to be twins!

my whooshing is very loud in two places. But only one bub. Agree with PP that if one is faint you are probably just picking up the first one

Phew, thanks. I just didn't remember it from last time, but I guess I knew there was only one in there before I used the Doppler x

Just one in there thankfully. I'm not as far along as I thought either so I have to go back for another scan in 3 weeks x

It was most likely the cord pulse/placenta you heard...its a whoosh..whereas the baby's heartbeat sounds more like a gallop if that makes sense. It was so hard to distinguish my twins' heartbeats at that time lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->