My Favorites...

runnergrl

Mom to 2 boys and 1 angel
Reaction score
these are my favorite things about Christmas and winter...

Christmas lights!
Hot cider
lighting the fire
having to use blankets to keep warm
not having to worry if you gain a little weight because of the bulky clothes;)
the yummy sweet treats
FAMILY
watching it snow outside while you are warm inside
going for walks in the snow
the movie "Christmas Vacation"
the smell of holiday candles

please share yours:)

Me all the same but add "Home Alone", and I love baking cookies. Plus I life in California so all we get is a bit of frost. Sometimes I wish it would snow here.

well it rarely snows here in Texas, but it did a few days ago and was just beautiful! We go to colorado where it is over 90% likely to snow on or around Christmas!

Things I love on Christmas:

Bacon-wrapped dates for breakfast!
Sitting around the tree looking at all the nicely wrapped presents and drinking Bucks fizz!
The smell of gingerbread and cinnamon
Turkey for dinner!
Sitting around the fire with all the ripped up wrapping paper on the floor and just enjoying company and the music.

Here's mine:

How everyone is in a good mood
Getting all dressed up on christmas day
Seeing everyone out and about all wrapped up and cosy
Having a baileys in the morning on xmas
Watching xmas movies
Cold, but bright days
The lights in town
Food!

I love everything about Christmas! My favourite time of year.
Although sometimes I can do without all the snow (I live in Canada)

*My favourite Christmas songs
*Seeing my family and doing all of our yearly traditions
*Watching Christmas Vacation and A Christmas Story
*All of the wonderful smells
*A warm fire and cuddling with my hubby
*Just the magical feeling you get at Christmas (it is hard to describe and may sound cheesy but there is just this special feeling I get)

I love everything about Christmas! My favourite time of year.
Although sometimes I can do without all the snow (I live in Canada)

*My favourite Christmas songs
*Seeing my family and doing all of our yearly traditions
*Watching Christmas Vacation and A Christmas Story
*All of the wonderful smells
*A warm fire and cuddling with my hubby
*Just the magical feeling you get at Christmas (it is hard to describe and may sound cheesy but there is just this special feeling I get)

I know exactly what you mean.

In my experience Christmas is the one day when you're not stressed out about anything, you're surrounded by the people you love, and everyone is just always in a good mood. It's just the one day where everyone is truely happy and relaxed.

I like the christmas lights in everybodies front garden, or window :). Especially since it is dark in the morning and in the afternoon.

the smell of christmas foods, and the christmas markets with all their splendour (and christmassy drinks ^^)

in the area I am living in(I think it is similar for south/middle england and wales too: it is cold before christmas and chillingly cold on new years eve but it is never cold on christmas eve xD'weihnachtstauwetter' a meteorologgical entry in the calender(christmas dewing weather')

Ooh this should cheer me up :)

- The butterflies you get whenever you think of Christmas
- Waking up at 4am because of excitement and lying awake just thinking about the day
- Going down the stairs in the pitch black and opening the front door in our pyjamas to see if Father Christmas has eaten his mince pie and drunk his milk (we STILL do this, I have a 5 year old sister :happydance: I hope we never stop)
- Seeing the tree with the lights on standing out against the dark, with all the presents piled high
- Wearing a special outfit
- That time between opening stockings and our grandparents arriving for main presents, when you are bored and excited at the same time and there is just this feeling in the air... it's the same every year
- THE FOOD!
- Everyone being happy
- Sitting in front of the TV at night with the Quality Streets and all your presents to look at
- The knowledge that in every house on your street, your town, your county, the world, families are getting together and being happy the same as you.

Now I'm excited!

Christmas lights definitely!
Decorating the tree!
The satisfaction of finishing your Christmas shopping and having all of your gifts wrapped!
Christmas parties w/ family!
Watching the snow fall (from inside)
Rudolph/Frosty/etc
Feasting on delicious Christmas dinner(s)
The smell of (real) Christmas trees!
Just having a lazy day with nowhere to go, sitting around in your jammies basically all day.

Ahh, I love thinking about these things. It literally makes me all warm and fuzzy inside. This year it really "feels" like Christmas. Some years it doesnt as much, but with all my decorations up, snuggling up with my husband and watching the fire in the fireplace, I am so very happy:)

Buck's Fizz is orange juice and champagne :)
My favourites;
- The sky getting dark early
- You can listen to Christmas songs without people thinking you're crazy
- Christmas lights and trees
- Wrapping up presents and handing them out
- Smell of Christmas dinner
- Christmas films
There's loads more but can't think of them atm

Great thread :) I feel all warm and tingly inside reading all of these :haha:

My favourites are:
-mulled wine
-time off college
-warm fires
-cold mornings when you can see your breath
-SNOW (when it appears!)
-getting cards with updates from people you haven't heard from in ages
-Christmas trees

:)
I could go on for aages more, but that would be distracting myself from other (boring but neccessary) tasks!

:flower: xx

* Cooking and Baking (though I'm not getting to enjoy it as much this year because I'm trying to lose 5 more lbs)
*Holiday decorations
*Snow (when I don't have to drive in it :winkwink:)
*Getting together with family
*Wearing sweats and hoodies
*The holiday coffee flavors come out!

Everything everyone else has said...

Ooooh i love the smell,
I loove baking mince pies
Having a decorated tree and seeing decorated houses
The FOOOD :rofl:
Giving presents

Though i just cannot wait to pretend to put out mince pies for santa etc when we have children that age :cloud9:

Its such a magical time, I love Christmas lights and the Christmasy feel... Have lived in Canada for 3 years now and I miss my family loads at this time of year but this year is my little boys first Christmas so thats a new magical time for us and I am excited to start our own Christmas traditions.

LOR, what is buck's fizz?

Like Stacy_x said, it's champagne and orange juice...what we here in the US call a mimosa. It's a holiday tradition that DH brought to our Christmas mornings and I look forward to it now! (my family used to have a bowl of cereal and some shortbread cookies...now we have bacon wrapped dates and bucks fizz!) :happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->