My first Birth turned scary so fast :(

Tattdmommie

Reaction score
I gave birth to my first baby on 8.15.11. She was 4 days late. I had small problems through out my pregnancy. I went into labor on Saturday 8.13.11, they sent me home. I came back sunday morning cause there was no movement at all. They ran some tests and i ran out of room for her and i got big. Her heart rate was dropping and they had to induce me. I got a epidural with in a few hours. finally monday morning at 6:30 I started pushing i pushed so hard i almost fainted i was so pale my lips were bleeding, i never even bit down on them, 3 hours of pushing later, the dr comes in and says she is stuck and we have to do a emergency c section. I felt like a failure. Its hard for me still. I had my baby girl at 10:01 am. She is the best thing to every happen to me.

Why do you feel like a failure. Did you grow a baby for 9 months and bring her home. That sounds like a success to me. Ask any lady that has had a loss. You did a great job. And as for failure you didn't design your pelvic inlet. Believe the lord took care of that one for you. Just move forward from birth and enjoy your baby.

That sounds nasty.

I felt angry and like a failure too with my 1st birth but I didnt have a C section. I still had the long (36 hours) labour, 3 hours pushing, then they told me she was stuck and gave me a big episiotomy and used forceps to get baby out. 9lb12oz. I wanted a waterbirth so I felt ripped off. Things just dont go as we plan sometimes!

I understand I just had my c section three weeks ago. They induced my labor due to complications in my pregnancy. After being in labor for 10 hours and only dilating 1cm, the babies heart dipped and they said it was c section time. I cried like s baby while being preped. I felt like I was a inferior women because I couldn't give birth normally.

You pushed for 3hrs, made your lips bleed and feel like a failure??? Most women are knackered after an hour of pushing. I only had three pushes before they had to pull d out with a ventous cup because she was so unhappy.

You are not a failure

don't beat yourself up on it. thinks just happens and you have no control on it. you have a new healthy baby so be happy for that. :) congrats

Dont feel like a failure hun! You created and fetched home an amazing little bundle and to me that is a major sucess that alot of people dont get to do.

Hope your all okay and recovering well x

don't beat yourself up!!! I had FOUR vaginal births, with no issues with any of them. Then along comes my son and he ends up being so HUGE that I am forced into scheduling a c-section (which btw he ended up coming 2 days before that by emergency c-section) Talk about feeling like a failure. I wasn't even allowed to try to deliver him vaginally. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->