my first prenatal vist...I need advice

classychick30

Reaction score
So I just had my 1st prenatal visit. By using my last menstrual date both doctor and I figured my due date would be OCt 7th 2014. She did the routine, pap smear, blood work, urine test and then the physical exam to see how far along I am. But she said she couldn't tell how far along I am because my uterus sits up high. So she ordered that I get an ultrasound next week to figure out how far along I really am. But she did say everything feels normal, then I went to the nurse right after to discuss pregnancy related things. I can't sleep. I am worried something is wrong. I have never heard of this and its making my nausea worse...can someone give me some advice??? Thank you!!!!!!

I understand your nervousness but don't need to worry much. Doctors here speak very less. If there was any problem, they would have told you.

My doc do all tests, examinations and never say a thing. Now i know that i should assume its all okay and would tell if some test came out negative.

Asking ofcourse always help.

Also about due date its always difficult to find the actual conception date.So from LMP, they make estmates in the beginning and as you proceed in pregnancy, you will find out more accurate due date.

I was told at 20th week U/S that I am measuring a day less. Due date might change plus minus few days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->