My form of therapy. Baby hats?

heather_dw

Two angel babies.
Reaction score
Ever since February of this year, after I had to get my ovary and tube removed, I've been knitting hats to donate to the hospital for their babies. I just got the pictures back from the hospital's PR lady. This happened on August 10th. I'm happy about it, but a little blue too. Don't know if hubby and I will ever get to have our own little miracle to make hats for, so this has my emotions all sorts of confused. I have lost 31 pounds since that surgery, but you can't tell it from these pictures. ick!

The hospital also has uploaded them to their flickr account, if you guys want to see!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/ssmhealthcarestlouis/sets/72157624621271229/with/4901149057/

Knitting has sort of been like therapy to me after this latest miscarriage, but it did take me a few weeks to be able to knit a baby item again. Thoughts?

You are doing an amazing thing! My bf lost her last baby at 31 weeks and each year we knit hats to donate to our hospital on her birthday. Ours uses the handmade things only for preemies and babies born still. It is incredibly therapuetic for her and she feels like she is giving to those women who are going through what she went through. She cherishes the items from the hospital because they are of the few things she has to remember her daughter.

I am sure some of your hats may be going to women in similar situations as my friend's, and possibly even someone who may have a story similar to yours. I bet each of those hats will be cherished and known that they were made with love. I am happy for you that you have found something to let your emotions out in, as mixed as they may be :hugs: I love to knit and all my frustrations come out in my needles too. I will pray that you are making sweet little baby things for your own miracle soon. :flower:

Oh they look fantastic! I have mostly been knitting shawls for comfort I guess, nothing like being swathed in Merino while feeling sad. Although last night I switched to a bright cheery colour so I could start feeling better. Although I keep thinking of making baby blankets, now would be a good time to start I guess. :)

They are lovely, I wish i could knit. :hugs:

oh hun you are fantastic doing that, they look lovely:hugs:

Thanks guys! I think the hospital is giving the hats to all their babies. I don't mind it since that I know it's always nice to get something handmade. Sometimes hospitals can be so sterile and cold. I already have 8 or so hats made for batch two. I keep telling myself that since we moved a few weeks ago, this is a brand new start for hubby and I. All my miscarriages and his broken elbow all happened in the "apartment", so I hope this place brings us better luck. I'm ovulating again and I think my cycle has finally (somewhat )regulated itself. It took us 4 cycles to conceive last time, so maybe it won't take too long. (Fingers crossed!). My main worry is that I'm not doing a whole lot different now than before. Not doing anything to prevent a 3rd miscarriage except taking fish oil and baby aspirin (recommended by my OBGYN because of my MTHFR gene).

I have a feeling that the ladies at the "Family Birthplace" in the hospital will get to know me as "the hat lady" but I'm hoping they get to know me for another important reason too ;)

Awww your knitting is lovely and i am sure they are very well appreciated, you sound such a lovely lady :) you hats are beautifull :)

HEy hun i am knitting loads for friends with newborms helps me to x

Well, at least we'll all be very good at making baby things with it's OUR turn, right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->