My four year old sister is frightening me..

C

Ceejay123

My little sister got meningitis at 10/11 months and almost died. She was in a coma.. being made breathe by machines. Somehow.. She remembers hospital a little, bless her.

Now, she keeps coming out with weird things. The first time she met my friends baby.. She said 'Awwh, I've seen her before... She's going to die when she's quite young. She's so cute!'

we've never spoken to Lily about death.. at all. And it was very upsetting for my friend as her 8 year old brother died of cancer a few years ago. She completely believes in psychics as she's been and they keep telling her things about him that are 100% correct.

Then in the car the other day, she wanted to tell me about her 'dream' and her 'friends'. She said 'I have a friend called erica. She has a daughter called isabella. Isabella died in a fire, erica is really upset by it'

She's never known anyone with these names.. She told me Isabella has burns down one side of her face and her hand. There are a few other stories she's come out with.. and 'Dreams' shes had. It really keeps creeping me out.. I never know what to say. I always just say 'Did someone tell you that, Lily?' for her to go 'Yes, erica..'

I don't know where i stand on the paranormal aspect of this, but i wanted to say, my little sister used to do almost the same thing, when she was around that age and even older! she would talk about her friend Lucy who had died when the ship/boat she was on had caught fire and everyone had died(drowned), she would talk about her clothes, the girls parents, what she looked like etc etc, I remember one night i went in to close her window and she told me to leave it open so Lucy could get in, as she would be here soon. Then one day she told me that Lucy had gone now and wouldn't be coming back and that was the end of it ! she doesn't even remember now lol.

They do say people who have near death experiences are sometimes able to see spirits. She's still young, it could just be her imagination

Cx

I had never believed in paranormal and psychics until my partner and I visited one earlier this year and could tell us things about our past and predicted pretty accurate things that happened in the future. She even told us where we would be best settling without us evening mentioning moving.
I too have heard that sometimes people who have near death experiences can possess supernatural abilities.. I never really believed it. Maybe Lily just has a very over-active imagination, or they were here dreams/nightmares. I must admit, that is creepy. I remember watching desperate housewives once, when Edie said she'd die young, and that triggered a memory of being sat around a campfire with my two best friends whilst our dads drank beer and played cards. We were 12 or so. And one of them said he was afraid of the woods, but he wasn't right now because we were with him. And so we got talking about fears. And then Sam said he has always been afraid of dying, he's always had the feeling he will die young, he said he knew he wouldn't make it to his 30th birthday. He almost died in a car accident but survived.. he later died at the age of 28, 5 1/2wks after being diagnosed with cancer.

When I was little I had best friends that were like siblings to me a their mum was my mums best friend. The 8 year old that died was a brother to me. I remember asking him at four what he wanted to be.. He said he wouldn't be anything :( x

Personally I think it's just kids being very imaginative, and they often have a much better understanding of death than we'd think. My now 5 year old had a whole series of imaginary friends between the ages of two and four, all of them very complex and in depth characters, some of them did apparently die in quite nasty ways and one of his imaginary friends started off a little bit naughty, then turned quite evil and then at the end was a genocidal dictator who killed two million people in what sounded like an act of chemical or nuclear warfare (he said he 'burnt the sky'). I have no idea where on earth my son got this from but I think he's just extremely intelligent and picks up snippets here and there from the news and people's conversations perhaps? I had imaginary friends when I was little, one was a lady called Berte but they really were imaginary and made up and not spirits or anything like that. There was quite an interesting article in The Fail a few months ago on this subject

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/...ry-child-imaginary-friend-towel-cupboard.html

When I was little I had best friends that were like siblings to me a their mum was my mums best friend. The 8 year old that died was a brother to me. I remember asking him at four what he wanted to be.. He said he wouldn't be anything :( x

That is so sad. Wow

This probably isn't what you want to hear, but I am inclined to believe in the supernatural, and what your sister is saying. It's foolish, in a way, to believe in those things, but if I didn't believe in the supernatural, I would not have believed in the near-stranger who dreamt that I was pregnant with a son. I am pregnant, and we will find out soon enough of if I'll have a son.

The first time she came out with anything, she told us shed dreamt about a dead baby. Sorry i know that's very sensitive. At the time we didn't know she knew what dying was.. I'd never explained it to her. She comes out with a lot.. Luckily she's not said anything about my LO else I may freak.
I do hope it's just her imagination, although how at 2 she could imagine somebody being drowned etc.. I asked her how long she'd been seeing Erica and she said 'I'm not meant to tell you' and did this odd smile across the room, it gives me shivers x

The first time she came out with anything, she told us shed dreamt about a dead baby. Sorry i know that's very sensitive. At the time we didn't know she knew what dying was.. I'd never explained it to her. She comes out with a lot.. Luckily she's not said anything about my LO else I may freak.
I do hope it's just her imagination, although how at 2 she could imagine somebody being drowned etc.. I asked her how long she'd been seeing Erica and she said 'I'm not meant to tell you' and did this odd smile across the room, it gives me shivers x

I'm sorry but that's beyond scary. Once I was in the shop with my niece picking up a bottle of wine, she told me " that will make him sick". I asked her who, and she told me "the baby". I asked her what baby and she said "the baby" as if I knew what baby. I found out a few days later I was pregnant... very strange.. and the fact that she said 'him' and we had a boy... But then again Charlotte has an imaginary friend who has to get a seat at the table and is liable to come out with anything... but the voice, her tone of voice was so strange... and the way she looked at me! She hasn't told me anything else like that since xx

Awwh my name's Charlotte! :) And yes - She's very scary with it. It's only every 3 weeks or so.. but still! >< I hope she grows out of it. x

that gave me shrivels!!

I've always believe in super natural probably because I've been told stories after stories. And few by my close relatives who had experienced it themselves.

I hope it was all just imagination. That is a creepy. :nope:

When I was about 4-5 and we lived in Dubai, I'd wake up crying and tell my mom that my grandfather was sick or unhappy...and he always was which freaked my mom out lol

I'd be really freaked out if a child told me scary things like that :nope: I hope she grows out of it like I did! :flower:

This stuff gives me the creeps, but it is so intriguing! Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->