My gorgeous wee girl - 2 weeks early. Update - Cori is home now!

sobersadie

2 sons and a daughter :-)
Reaction score
My beautiful daughter Cori Elizabeth arrived on sunday 11.10.09 weighing 6lb 7oz. 2 weeks early which was a bit of a shock as my last 2 babies were both 10 days late! Had a few probs and just got home from hospital today from being in from Saturday! Here's my story:

Okay so......Friday night (9th Oct) sitting watching Jonathan Ross in bed, sat up and thought i had peed the bed lol!! Got up and went to the loo :loo: and realised that unless i was an elephant i couldnt possibly pee that much! Waited till half one - no contractions so phoned hospital and they said if nothing happened overnight to go in at 9am to get checked. Went in and they were gonna send me home as they will leave you 48 hours after ur water breaks! i was like WTF!!! :saywhat: But babys head wasnt engaged so i went from going home to get into bed and dont move in case the cord prolapsed and came down before the head!! :grr: They still weren't gonna induce me till the monday though, very annoying as my waters were just running and running. Then sat night i got a scan and the doc said to induce me sunday morning. Sunday morning came and they were understaffed and had too many women in labour so i was put to the back of the queue. But then i noticed my waters weren't clear anymore, my temp went up and my bloods came back as having an infection 20 mins later i was hooked up to the inducing drip. 3 1/2 hours later and 3 pushes later with gas and air madam was here! Came out blue with cord round her neck, and the doc and extra midwives came rushing in. Eventually i got a hold for about 30 secs then she was rushed off to neo natal. Coz she had passed meconium she had an infection (which i was showing the signs of earlier) and her breathing was too fast. Never got to go see her till 3 hours later coz they were so busy with other patients. :sad2: She was on oxygen, antibiotics, they did a lumbar puncture in case of meningitis and then she got jaundice too. But slowly everything got better and today she got 'upgraded' to a normal cot, all the monitors are off etc and she has clothes on! she is still getting antibiotics till sat as a precaution but if she takes all her feeds by bottle and none through the tube then she will hopefully get home by sunday or monday - yey! :happydance:Its really weird being home without her but i had to get home and spend time with my 2 boys too. So thats my wee saga! However im a bit annoyed as if the hospital had just induced me on the sat Cori wouldnt have passed the meconium and i think all this could have been avoided! And i don't even want to think what could have happened if they had left me another day!!

Update: My wee lady is still not home from hospital :sad1: she is doing well and has been 'upgraded' from an incubator to a cot and has all her monitors off so thats good. All her blood results all now clear, blood sugars are stable and her jaundice is under the level that they would treat with the blue light again. She has been suck feeding all day so they have took her feeding tube out although if she doesnt take enough milk at every feed then they will put it back in. So im at home patiently waiting to be allowed to bring her home. Its horrible and really hard to leave her in hospital even though i know its for her own good.

UPDATE 2: My wee girlie is home!! We got to take her home on Sunday and it is so good to have her where she belongs at last. She is such a good baby and is so easy going, hardly cries even when she is hungry.

Attachments

• Cori small.jpg
    Cori small.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 60
  • Cori small 2.jpg
    Cori small 2.jpg
    133 KB · Views: 59
  • cori small 3.jpg
    cori small 3.jpg
    108.4 KB · Views: 41
She's stunning :cloud9: Glad to hear she's doing really well too. xx

Aw congrats hun, she looks adorable. Roll on weekend!!! x

Congratualtions and :hugs: Glad she is doing well and hope its not too long before you get to take her home :flower:

what a beautiful baby girl, and I am so sorry to hear that she is still in the hospital. I hope she gets to come home to you soon.

She is beautiful!! I hope you get her home really really soon. :hugs:

Congratulations on your gorgeous little girl :happydance: I hope she takes off with her feeds soon so you can get her home :hugs:

Congrats shes gorgoues, she will be home in no time x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->