My home/hospital birth story. Birth of Phoebe Michelle Sinclair

Kassy

Mummy and expecting #2
Reaction score
My homebirth/hospital birth story.

So saturday 3rd was an very strange day. I felt very odd all day like something was a foot, but me and OH carried on with our day regardless of this.
Around 4/5pm i started having stronger more painful tightenings every 5/6 mins but layed down and relaxed for the evening thinking that they would go away. But they started slowly increasing in pain. As normal we went to bed around 11/12midnight and i asked Oh to come to bed with me too as i was in quite alot of pain and was having contractions every four mins.

At about 1.30am i felt a lot of pressure down below (like i was really constipated), so i turned on to my back (from my side) and felt something pop ( i heard a click too), my waters had finally broken. I called the midwife that was on call (sarah) and was advised as my contractions were still 4/5mins apart to call back in an hour if the contractions increase in intensity. Within 15mins of finishing the call my contractions had gone from every 4/5mins to every 2/3 mins with some of them being back to back (ouch). I called my mum at this point to tell her to come over as i diddn't want her to miss the birth.

I was contracting quite mildly for two hours and was told i was 4cm dilated (i lost track of time) and at around 3.40 my mum finally made it over. Soon after that my contractions started getting a lot more painful and i was offered gas and air, which i declined. During the contractions i was that tired/relaxed that i kept falling asleep ( best idea ever). At 5/6am i was checked by the midwife and i had progressed to 8cm (i was also having spontaneous pushing by this point).

At around 6.30/7am i suddenly felt the need to push (which the midwife diddn't believe) and i was checked again and told i was fully dilated. OH set up the pool and within the hour i was relaxing in there and started pushing quite strongly. After half and hour of strong pushing Phoebe was stuck in the ubend (lol) and wouldn't come out (she was back to back). The midwives moved me into the living room and had me lean on OH so gravity was helping with the pushing. But after antoher hour of pushing hard Phoebe was not moving down the birth canal anytime soon and i was too exhausted to push anymore/ harder. An ambulance was called and i was rushed to hospital (sirens blazing and everything. I was also pushing in there too) and rushed into a room where they would suck her out basically (ventouse?). The doctors then put monitors on for me and Phoebe, stuck my legs in stirrups, injected anesthetic around my vagina, and started trying to get Phoebe out. With the first push they sucked her head out (had to cut me along the way however) and then i pushed the rest of her out and at
11.02am Phoebe Michelle Sinclair was born weighing 8lb 12ounces and measured 21inches in length.​

We were back home again within four hours and she is doing really well. She took to breastfeeding straight away and has been a pro since.

very dramatic - but fantastic you are both doing well - congratulations!

Huge congrats! Sorry you didn't your HB, but at least you were home for the most of it! Congrats again xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->