My homebirth story

M

mrssat

Hi all I just wanted to post this here for those of you who are looking forward to or considering a homebirth.

I had my little boy on 24th in the comfort of my own home.
My contractions started after DTD on the 23rd at 10pm, they were 10mins apart and I was convinced they were gonna fizzle out and it wouldn't come to anything.
I was wrong. They were strong enough to keep me awake and by about 3am I thought we should start getting the pool up and the room set up.
My hubby got to work on this and I spent most of the time on the loo, I am sure you can guess what doing! It was non stop! My waters broke at about 5am while on my ball and continued to trickle for the next few hours.
About 5am my contractions were about 5mins apart and getting stronger, I called the midwife and she got on her way. I really wanted to get in the pool so I did.
My SIL came to get my 2.5yr old at about 6/7am ish.
My contractions really slowed down. I think it was down to the pool. The 2 midwifes arrived and asked to examine me I accepted I was 3-4cms. They suggested I stay out of the pool for a wee while until things started really rolling again. Things picked up again so I jumped in and again it all slowed down! Grrrh!
They listened into his heartbeat and it was very high, they left it a while and listened again. Another midwife came to relieve one of the ones that had been there since the morn, she listened into his heartbeat and it was still high. She asked to examine me to see what was going on as a high heart rate meant a ride in an ambulance! I let her and she discovered that the hind waters was still there and he was trying to push past them, she asked if I wanted her to break them, I said yes and nearly instantly his heart rate came back down.
When she broke them I had tons of show and she said I was a good 7-8cms. At this point I really wanted to get things moving so I stayed out of the pool in case things slowed again. This was about 2.30pm. Well the contractions came hard and fast at that point and I really cant tell you any details because I was focusing on the contractions I was oblivious to anything else. I started on the gas and air at that point, but was unable to hold it so my DH held it for me and it really helped. I really wanted to get back into the pool but I didnt want it to all slow again so I stayed on dry land.
Well before I knew it I was pushing, it wasnt even a conscious decision my body just took over and pushed. At 4:10pm Baby Jools was born into my arms on my sitting room floor. The pushing stage was very quick I think RLT aided this, I reached my hand down at one point and felt him crowning it was amazing.
I had a natural 3rd stage with delayed cord clamping, I had minimum tearing and very little blood loss.
2hrs later the mws had cleared up and left us to it! My own shower and my own bed awaited me.My DH and I cuddled up in bed with Jools, my DD1 joined us early the next morning.

My HB was amazing and it would have not gone that well in hospital I know it.
My Dh was unsure about HB but is now the biggest convert!
Our little man is very content and happy, feeding has been going great and i really think this is down to such a fab birth!
Good luck ladies I hope you all get the births you want!

Brilliant! Congratulations! :hugs: x:blue:

Yay! I am thinking I want to go this route too... your story is even more ammunition. :)

Congratulations!!!! I had my homebirth the day after you did. I will be posting my story soon! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->