My hypnobirthing book is here!

Noodlejuice

Mum to 3, expecting #4!
Reaction score
:happydance:

I had my last baby in a birth centre with what I suppose was a form of hypnobirthing...just without me having ever looked into it properly or heard the term! It was lovely - no pain relief at all throughout, very relaxed and calm, had a birthing pool and some gas & air for final bit of transition and to push (took about ten minutes), he was born into the water very gently; he was alert and happy, I felt great...I really want to repeat the experience! To do that I used breathing/visualisation techniques, and had two birth partners (my then husband and my sister) who kept me amused and distracted between contractions with their banter and conversation.

I'd never really heard of hypnobirthing until I came on here, but it does sound like a more in depth version of what I unknowingly did last time. Ordered a book and it arrived this morning...can't wait to have a look!

Has anyone else used books rather than classes etc?

xxxx

I have just been using the book and DVD (by Marie Mongan) and already feel a lot calmer and positive about this birth than I did my first (which was a very bad experience).

I've ordered my birthing pool too as I'm having this one at home :D

XxX:kiss:

I just had my first hypnobirthing class last week so I'm all set with my book and CD. I love the book, it can get a bit "preachy" but I personally love the passion behind it.

As for the CD the rainbow relaxtion, having only done it once, is already life changing. I can't wait to really get into it. I'm not so keen on the affirmations though. Only because they're a bit repetitive and in my mind I'm always changing her words. DH and I are looking into picking more soothing music for me and getting him to record the affirmation plus more that we want to add. :)

Sounds like you're already a natural so anything more you learn about it will only help you further! Good luck!

That's pretty much exactly how I came to Hypnobirthing Noodle! I did the classes and loved the philosophy! It prepared me (and OH) wonderfully for our HB and I'd recommend at least reading the book and listening to the affirmations to all mums to be! :D

You can do hypnobirthing with just the books and cd, it is still effective in reducing the need for chemical pain relief.
I thought we may have had to go down that route but have found a hypnobirthing manager who is allowing us to pay off over time so we will be able to have the classes as well! :happydance:

I have also read the book and as soon as I started I couldnt put it down! I read it in a 3 day period. I feel very confident going into this birth it will be my first and I have no fear at all I am looking forward to it. I am going to have 1 class as I am moving a month before bubs is born so they said 1 class could be fine. I listen to the CD that came with the book every night before bed its part of my routine now and its great. I am normally asleep within 5 minutes of listening to it. Im so happy there are others trying this method.

I'm going on the 1 day Mindful Mamma class taught by a Mongan method teacher but it's her own shortened version of it. I'm hoping it will be enough as at nearly £200 didn't want to pay for the full course. I could always buy the Mongan method book but this class gives CDs and stuff too.

I'm going on the 1 day Mindful Mamma class taught by a Mongan method teacher but it's her own shortened version of it. I'm hoping it will be enough as at nearly £200 didn't want to pay for the full course. I could always buy the Mongan method book but this class gives CDs and stuff too.

Wow I am getting charged $80.00 for one class which would be about 40 pounds I cant believe the difference in price.

onedaybaby - don't worry about the duration of the course.
i had a 4 lesson course but i would say that half the time was spent with all the couples (5 in total) talking about their pregnancy hopes, plans, fears, etc...
i'm assuming that since it's a one day course, the teacher will stick to the hypnobirthing technique and advice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->