My Induction Birth Story 4/1/11

hedgewytch13

Reaction score
Caleb William was born at 1.50am on the 4/1/11. I was actually due on the 20th of December and was booked in for a home birth. However, 12 days and one sweep later and he was still comfortable. I went in to be induced but they performed another sweep and sent me home for another 2 days. Still nothing, so goodbye home birth and I went in at 10am on the 3/1/11.

They examined me, gave me another sweep and the pessary then left me for 6 hours, I was only 1-2cm dilated. We went for a walk, had lunch and then went back to bounce on a birthing ball for abit. 5.45 they started to monitor me so to put in another pessary but at this point I started getting mild contractions. So they left me for a couple of hours and then broke my waters at about 5cm dilated. This was fine and they did another sweep. At about midnight - 1am the contractions suddenly started getting really intense, really quickly. At this point I'd been happily coping but it was suddenly so bad, I couldn't lay on the bed for monitoring and had to be monitored standing up. I kept feeling the need to go for a wee and then couldn't go. Then I suddenly said I felt the need to push. The midwife was confident I still had lots of time due to the last examination. So she had a look and I had gone from 5cm to fully dilated and baby was coming fast. He was in distress due to the suddeness of the labour stage, so my cries for every drug where ignored....which in retrospect I'm happy with as I wanted as a natural a birth as possible. He was out in six big pushes and a 8lb 11oz baby was handed to me with only the use of some paracetomal and gas and air.

I did get a second degree tear but was sewn up and we left the hospital that afternoon. :happydance::happydance::happydance:

lovely birth story, congratulations!! xxxxxxxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->