My jaw won't open more than a few cm....3rd day

Samemka

Mummy of 2 girlies
Reaction score
I woke up Saturday morning & my jaw was locked. Never had anything like this before. If I open my mouth, I can only just get the tip of my thumb & index finger in, not all the way just so they touch my teeth. Eating is a nightmare. I can move my jaw up and down, out and in, side to side etc, doesn't hurt but won't unlock. Have tried wiggling it etc just won't budge.

Called the Dr who said go see the dentist but I don't really want to spend £17.50 if there's nothing they can do other than tell me it will rectify itself in time. But if I need to go then obviously I will.

Anyone had anything like this?!

EDIT: Never had anything like this before & I've not been punched in the jaw or anything lol

I woke up Saturday morning & my jaw was locked. Never had anything like this before. If I open my mouth, I can only just get the tip of my thumb & index finger in, not all the way just so they touch my teeth. Eating is a nightmare. I can move my jaw up and down, out and in, side to side etc, doesn't hurt but won't unlock. Have tried wiggling it etc just won't budge.

Called the Dr who said go see the dentist but I don't really want to spend £17.50 if there's nothing they can do other than tell me it will rectify itself in time. But if I need to go then obviously I will.

Anyone had anything like this?!

EDIT: Never had anything like this before & I've not been punched in the jaw or anything lol

Hi, i had this 3 times- i called NHS direct and they said go to the dentist but dentist can't do anything. i got this due to my wisdom tooth coming through and pushing on my nerve. my jaw was locked 3 days before i found an answer, you've got to do facial exercises to loosen it, a water bottle is good for easing it and also antihistamines if you have any swelling.

these exercises helped my jaw go back to normal within about 30mins, but be gentle, my jaw clicked really loudly and it hurt.

https://www.livestrong.com/article/280806-exercises-to-aid-with-jaw-problems/

I had similar it was my tmj joint, doctor said that it can pop out when sleeping . Took a month and a lot of painkillers to mend its self x

My oh gets this.. Normally when stressed he takes one of my propranolol and it's fine

this condition is very common the common term is lock jaw however in the dental world its TMJ its commonly caused by grinding and clenching speak to your dentist and he should be able to give you facial exercises to help and release the muscles gradually xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->