My kitty knows I'm preggo!

Ambermichelle

Reaction score
5w6d today and my kitty has turned into a cuddle monster! He cuddles near my stomach constantly! He just "knows" I'm pregnant!

It's so amazing how animals are so in tune with stuff.

I don't know if you can see but he's laying right on top of my stomach while I lay on the couch ;) he used to only cuddle with OH but he's ditched him and comes to me now that I'm pregnant!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 16
That is so sweet. :)

Yes, my two older dogs (7 and 8 years old) know. My 7 year old boy was super super clingy and even draped himself over my hip while I watch TV from about week 4-6. Then he got used to it. My 8 yr. old girl started getting weird towards my husband at night...when he'd snore! She cuddles right next to my tummy at night and is very still and quiet. But the second my husband starts snoring she is up immediately and shutting him up. She'll wait and stare at him waiting for him to make a peep and then nudge him to stop. The youngest (2 yr. old) is so aloof, he has no idea. LOL He's a goofball. But has been cuddling by my side more than ever this past month. So maybe he does know. :shrug: Animals' sense of smell is so much greater than ours, I'm not surprised they notice. I love my furry butts!!

Ahaha omg that's so adorable about your 8 yr old girl. I'm just picturing a dog glaring at OH like "hey! Shut up! Pregnant lady and baby are trying to sleep!" Heheh ;)

I have another kitty who's a girl and she's almost 1 and she's so clueless lol. She has no idea, she just plays and plays all day while this kitty (who's male and almost 2) keeps "watch" over me :p

My little man used to be pappa's kitty and even then he wasn't a cuddler and now he is sleeping on or next to me whenever he can...so sweet. He gets so desperate he even lays on the edge of the tub staring and purring at me when I bathe. If I even say his name drool falls out of his mouth and he starts to heave and purr more. It's actually pretty incredible how much animals can sense maternal changes! Here's a pic of him staring at me from the edge of the tub

Attachments

• fig1.jpg
    fig1.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 5
  • fig2.jpg
    fig2.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 6
Omg soooo frickinn cute!! I've always been such an animal person! :) I used to be a dog person, now I'm in love with kitties. I just love them both so much! :D ahh he kinda reminds me of my kitty.

My chihuahua doesn't have a clue..lol. I have to block her from walking on my uterus. Cute kitty you have!!

Hoping forums :) my moms dog knows but she does the opposite, she used to cuddle me every visit but now she runs away...she doesn't like babies and small children very much though :haha:

My chihuahua doesn't have a clue..lol. I have to block her from walking on my uterus. Cute kitty you have!!

Awww hahah sometimes they just don't know any better lol ;) and thank you! He's looking at the camera like "stop taking pics of me" ;)

Hoping forums :) my moms dog knows but she does the opposite, she used to cuddle me every visit but now she runs away...she doesn't like babies and small children very much though :haha:

Aww! It's so crazy how animals just know that there is another human in there! Idk, it still amazes me.

That's soooo sweet! My kitty looks just like yours and oh man does he know. Every time I sit down it's been a race between Peta and Oedipus (My dog) to my stomach. Whoever gets there first chases the other one away. I think they believe that they're protecting the baby :)

Aww he must be a cute kitty then ;) hehe. It's so cute how they think they're protecting the baby. I don't mind being cuddled by him all night. He's the only cat I know that will let me move around and he'll just stay in one spot haha

DH and I laugh because we got a co-sleeping bed to go between us some months ago when it was on sale and never thought we'd have an issue as our bed is pretty huge but since falling pregnant the cats jockey for pole position in between us and I wonder what they'll do when baby is there. It will be pretty funny because they normally stay cautiously at arms length of babies so they will probably end up at our feet lol. That's going to be one crammed bed lol.

Lol pandi to funny.

My cat (dora) almost 1 since about week 5 she has become my shadow. She follows me around house sits in bathroom when im going also sits by tub like other user its ridiculous. I told her if i didnt like her so much she would be quite annoying lol but im a huge cat person so i love it :)

Aww, so sweet! Gotta love animals. :cloud9:

I have a lot of pets (a total of 4 cats and 2 dogs) and I swear they know, too. The sweetest thing was when my oldest cat, Dusty, who I've had for 13 years, came up to me when I was laying on the couch and reached his paw out and rested it on my baby bump. It looked exactly like his was "feeling" my bump. He sat like that for a long time...and the best part was that the baby kicked at the pressure from his paw. :haha:

Aww, so sweet! Gotta love animals. :cloud9:

I have a lot of pets (a total of 4 cats and 2 dogs) and I swear they know, too. The sweetest thing was when my oldest cat, Dusty, who I've had for 13 years, came up to me when I was laying on the couch and reached his paw out and rested it on my baby bump. It looked exactly like his was "feeling" my bump. He sat like that for a long time...and the best part was that the baby kicked at the pressure from his paw. :haha:

That's so cool...cats have great hearing and I think the can hear the heartbeat when they lay on us. My cats do the milk treading motion against my belly when I'm laying down. I think they think I'm a big cat mom lol.

Anyone else's fur babies "know" your preggo? Hehe ;)

My OH's cat has done the exact same thing. She lays curled up by my stomach at bedtime, follows,me EVERYWHERE i go, even if its in the middle of the night. Its so cute.

I've a little pup but I think she knows something... When dh is home she doesn't like him sittin between us, I have to swap places with him, if he touches my arm or leg she barks at him, it's so funny!!!!
On the otherhand, she wouldn't think twice about stepping on my tummy. But she is still a pup.
It's amazing that they tune into it so early.

Aw my kitty does the same but only when I'm pregnant so I know she knows! We call her butter cause we call the baby bun :)

Aww I'd love for my cat to do this but nothing.. He follows me around but he's always done that! Maybe as the heartbeat starts and gets closer to the surface he may cotton on xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->