My Lil Lady 28/01/10

Pink_Tinks

Reaction score
So, i went overdue!
Was due on the 26th Jan.. and nothing happened. Was a bit fed up, but thought she will come when she is ready!!
27th, OH text me in the afternoon asking how i was, and i said i had been getting some stomach cramps. Didnt think anything of it as id had these on and off for two weeks...
woke up at about 1 am on the 28th Jan...and realised i was having contractions every three mins! Tiny bit scared, but they were bareable so rang the hosp, told them what was happening and they said it could take hours for anything to actually happen.
An hour later, go to the toilet and there’s the plug! Decide to try go back to sleep as didnt feel any progression. Laying in bed, and my waters broke at about 2.40am.
Rang the hosp again, they told me to go in so we were on our way!
Contractions had got a lot stronger by this point.
Got to hosp, was examined and was 5cm dilated! Pain relief option was gas and air... which was crap! Didnt do anything at all except make my mouth dry and my voice sound weird!
Asked for pethadine, and that did absolutely bugger all as well!
Couldnt cope with it by then, so about 5am was given an epidural – god send!!!
At 8am, i was fully dilated and told that i would start pushing at 9am... i was terrified by this point lol

9am... start pushing. Damn, hard work!! I didnt feel as if i was getting anywhere at all. I could feel my contractions so knew when to push but just didnt feel right. The midwife told me it was because of the epi, and that maybe i would think twice about getting it for my next child as it obviously done me no good! Wasnt too happy with that... then a doctor comes in, who said i will need an instrumental delivery as the baby was quite far down and would get stressed.
Given a spinal block and taken to theatre. They used forceps and suction cap, but no luck and it was discovered that baby was actually back to back and sorta stuck! so had to have an emergency c section. I was so nakerd by this point i just wanted her out.
they done the c section... and my uterus had to be extended an extra 5cm due to the fact that i had managed to push her down so far, and they had to get her back up! It took just over an hour to stitch me up and what not! So any further children will have to be born by elected ceaserean as it could be fatal for me and baby with a natural delivery...

Harriet was born at 11.31am, weighing 8lbz 4oz.

I lost a lot of blood, and was then hooked up to oxygen and drips and all this malarkey for the rest of Thursday.
Friday morning, Harriet was looking rather yellow so tested for jaundice, and was off the scale so had to be treated on a billy bed for the next two days.
The blood tests also showed increased inflamation of something so she had to have another blood test and a spinal to check for infection. The samples were sent off on Saturday morning and we would have to wait until Monday for the results!
They didnt want to chance anything tho, so she was fitted with a canular and given antibiotics, as well as paracetamol for an extremely sore head from the suction cap.
Her jaundice levels went down, and she was taken off the billy bed on Sunday morning, so it was then just a wait for the blood results.

Finally got them early Monday afternoon and was told they were all clear and we could go home!!
Sooooooooooooooo happy!

Didnt get a lot of sleep at all in hospital, and just felt rather poo being in there!

Got home about 4.30pm yesterday (Monday) and its sooo nice to be here.
I love her so much!!! Not getting on too great with feeding at the mo, theres a real latching problem so am currently using nipple sheilds which are working a treat so at least she is feeding.

pinky.jpg

Proud Daddy
Photo0433.jpg

Proud and very very tired mummy!
17365_286463201484_504886484_4036828_358398_n.jpg

On the billy bed
Photo0413.jpg

What a beautiful baby Harriet is. Congrats to you :)

Awww well done! Congratulations chick ^_^ :hugs: not a bad OH either ;) hehe xxxxxx

oh kym i had no idea you really did go through the mill and back! glad that you are doing well now though, harriet is so beautiful! i love that picture of fergy, he looks so funny :p
well done missy!

Awww well done! Congratulations chick ^_^ :hugs: not a bad OH either ;) hehe xxxxxx

lol thanks, he had a lil smile reading that!

oh kym i had no idea you really did go through the mill and back! glad that you are doing well now though, harriet is so beautiful! i love that picture of fergy, he looks so funny :p
well done missy!

enit just, both of us an all!! I think its something to do with Pugs... hhmm lol. x

God, this time last week i was tryin to push her out, tis madness!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->