my list ... any suggestions?

divershona

Mummy to Kaya :)
Reaction score
so this is the list i have put together for all the bits that I think I'll need but have a feeling I've missed of something really important. :haha:

bits in bold is stuff I have already

SLEEPING
moses basket x2
cotbed and mattress
moses sheets x4 have 2
cotbed sheets x4
cellular blankets x4 have 2
fleece blankets x3 have 1
sleeping bags x3

TRAVEL
double pram and raincover
single pram and raincover
car seat
ellaroo wrap

parasol
sunshades for car
changing bag

FEEDING
lansinoh cream
breast pads x2 boxes
burp cloths / muslins
bibs

breast feeding pillow
breast pump

BATHING
baby bath
towels x3
flannels x3
baby wash
baby shampoo

grooming kit

CHANGING
cot top changer
changing mat
cloth nappies x24 have 16
baby legs x10
cloth wipes x 20
nappy bucket
wet bag for nappies
disposable nappies for hospital and 1st days @ home (2 packs)

CLOTHING (same in newborn and 0-3)
sleepsuits x15
vests x15
trousers x5
tops x5
hats x3
scratch mits x4
booties x3
socks x5
cardigan x2
coat x1

OTHER
play gym
bouncer chair
comforter
some rattles and teethers

hospital bags - for c-section (planning for a 3 night stay)
MY BAG
nursing bra x2
nighties x3
pj bottoms x2
pj tops x2

make up
maternity pads x2 packs
lansinoh
nickers x5
snacks
t-shirts x3
loose trousers x2
maxi dress for coming home
toothbrush and paste
shampoo and shower gel
towel (i HATE the tiny hospital ones)
deodorant
hairbrush and bobbles

ear plugs
my pillow (again HATE the hospital ones)
carrier bags for dirty clothes
ipod and charger
phone charger

kindle (OH is getting for our anniversary)
glasses
cd - for during c-section
money
slippers
dressing gown

BABY BOY'S BAG
pack disposable nappies
pack wet wipes
special announcement cloth nappy for pics
NB sleepsuits x4
NB vests x4
0-3 sleepsuits x4
0-3 vests x4
hat
scratch mits
socks
coming home outfit
blanket

present for Kaya

I think that's a pretty Good list... I didn't get a bfing pillow as I feel it's a waste of money and ill use a triangle pillow and get one only if that's not working...

Also for all u mummies also buying shade things for cars please remember these dont do anything!!!
Not sure where u are in the world but here in Australia out
Sun is harsh and we need window tint on cars.... A good tint should be 99% uv block out... A shade may appear to keep sun out of babies eyes but lets all uv through unless
Stated on packaging... Therefore being useless...

Also I bought pillow cases for my Moses sheets... They're much cheaper fit perfectly and if I ever run out I've already got lots at a worst case lol

the sun shades are more for keeping the sun out of their eyes for me, my DD always has suncream on when we go out unless its pouring with rain (I'm a paranoid woman when it comes to sunburn :haha:)

Haha fair enough hehe ...

It so feels like I've forgotten something too but I dunno what...Maybe it feels that way until the baby comes and they complete the puzzle :)

Haha fair enough hehe ...

It so feels like I've forgotten something too but I dunno what...Maybe it feels that way until the baby comes and they complete the puzzle :)

probably, it felt that way with DD until i realised that I hadn't got any maternity pads at home :dohh:

With my c section, I found flip flops helpful for in the shower at hospital so I wasn't walking barefoot as was worried about slipping, and lip balm and moisturiser, hospital heating really dried my skin out. I also took a bottle of squash, only options in hospital seemed to be water or tea/coffee.

thanks for the tip about flip flops, i have a cheap pair floating around somewhere i think that i can chuck in the bag !

This list looks good. I don't have half that stuff yet! Have one packet of pads for my hospital bag but need to buy another pack to keep in 'top up bag'. I am having a c-section again and have stayed 5 days with one baby and barely 48 hours with the other so am unsure how much I should take.
Therefore I have a 'top up box' a home from which hubby can collect extra pads, pyjamas, nappies baby grows etc - otherwise he would end up bringing in panty liners and 3-6month clothing!
My Moses basket fitted sheets don't blooming fit and I am so mad. The mattress is from mothercare but the sheets are from smyths. I will wash them and stretch them on the line to see if that helps.
Haven't got rattles, baby shampoo/wash or breast pads yet but we have a 24 hr tesco next to house so not worrying too much.

This list looks good. I don't have half that stuff yet! Have one packet of pads for my hospital bag but need to buy another pack to keep in 'top up bag'. I am having a c-section again and have stayed 5 days with one baby and barely 48 hours with the other so am unsure how much I should take.
Therefore I have a 'top up box' a home from which hubby can collect extra pads, pyjamas, nappies baby grows etc - otherwise he would end up bringing in panty liners and 3-6month clothing!
My Moses basket fitted sheets don't blooming fit and I am so mad. The mattress is from mothercare but the sheets are from smyths. I will wash them and stretch them on the line to see if that helps.
Haven't got rattles, baby shampoo/wash or breast pads yet but we have a 24 hr tesco next to house so not worrying too much.

I'm just worried about not having anything ready! and with having to start maternity leave really early (29 weeks) I've been aware of money so have spread out the cost of everything as much as I can, one of my friends has given me a tonne of clothes plus things like a pram, etc so thats helped alot but as she was moving a month ago she gave me it all before she moved so its been sitting around for a while!

Great list! You are clearly going to be much better stocked than me, I was planning on having maybe up to 6 newborn sized vests and sleepsuits, and a few more in 0-3 size. Maybe I need to up my quota. I tell you, if I was having a girl her wardrobe would be full already. :)

How about also stocking up on baby wipes, non bio detergent and maybe a baby monitor? I've been told to get an ear thermometer too, but can't judge how important it really is.

What is the deal with maternity pads? Can you just use normal large slimline pads instead?

Great list! You are clearly going to be much better stocked than me, I was planning on having maybe up to 6 newborn sized vests and sleepsuits, and a few more in 0-3 size. Maybe I need to up my quota. I tell you, if I was having a girl her wardrobe would be full already. :)

How about also stocking up on baby wipes, non bio detergent and maybe a baby monitor? I've been told to get an ear thermometer too, but can't judge how important it really is.

What is the deal with maternity pads? Can you just use normal large slimline pads instead?

i would probably have more than 6 vests and sleepsuits even in newborn size, or at least be able to pick some up quickly after LO is born ... DD had a couple of poo-splosions in a day at about 2 weeks old and ended up going through all the vests and sleepsuits that i had for her and she had to wear one of my t-shirts until my dad came round with some new clothes for her hehe (she looked super cute though!)

I'll be using cloth wipes so won't need to stock up on them ... although i will be buying more than the 20 i have already. I buy all my non-bio in bulk (have about a year's supply at the moment so no worries there!) and i live in a relatively small flat so a baby monitor is pointless for us, i can hear DD snoring in her bedroom when I'm in the living room and I have the TV on ... and the rooms are at opposite ends of the flat!

the in ear thermometers are the most reliable for checking baby's temperature, and can't recommend getting one enough (i have one already thanks to DD)

i tore when i had DD and found that maternity pads were amazing (and better than normal sanitary towels) as they were thicker and more cushiony on the tear but i know other women hate them and much prefer using night time sanitary towels instead.

I asked my mw and friends about the pads thing coz I usually wear thin nights as I never really had heavy periods since being on the pill... And since not having period for months had lots lol ....
They said no way...

Said I would use the hospital "surf boards" lol while I was there then to get maternity pads because if u do bleed heavy then it's way not enough....even tho the thins are supposed to absorb well I still find with barely heavy flow it kinda sits on the surface and then takes a while to soak in (sorry tmi) where as the thick ones are like nappies lol super absorbent... Last thing I need is leakage and red spots onto pants if I can avoid it lol

Also, with the pads thing, normal sanitary ones are designed to mask any odor, where the maternity ones don't so you're more likely to know if you have an infection. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->