my little boy (2) has autism

starlight29

Reaction score
Hi
So I was right after seeing the new paediatrician this week my little man has had his autism confirmed the dr said his is a very straightforward diagnosis he literally ticks every box and because he cant speak or communicate and has been under the speech therapist for over a year and has regressed it is just matter of putting it on paper and he will then get a statement.
I knew ive always known hes a gourgeous amazing little man and he sees our world in a truly unique way.

Now I have to look at schools mainstream to start with but depending on him he will need to go to special school just a question of when not if

Anyway im a super proud mum my little man is a superhero in my eyes
Even superheroes can have asd :)

Starlight

:hugs: chick xx

My boy is nearly two and he is under speech and language and consultant paed care for ASD too (awaiting diagnosis).

I noticed you are a new member so just wanted to let you know that there are loads of fab ladies on here in the same situation that will be hapy to share experiences with you xx

My son was diagnosed at 2, it was heart breaking for me because I was in denial and at the time he was very heavily affected by the disorder. When he received his diagnosis they told me I had to be prepared for the fact that he would likely never speak. (Based on the way he was at the time of diagnosis.)

He is now a very talkative and affectionate wee guy and goes to a mainstream school with EA support.

If you can get your little guy into IBI treatment, it really can make the world of difference during these younger and pivotal years. :flower:

Hugs ladies - these are very special LOs. They sound like true angels.

You are all very special moms too xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->