my little boy doesnt want his food please help

Naya69

Reaction score
ok my little boy is 7 month old he wakes up between 9 and ten and has his breakfast which is poridge with about 4oz of milk then he wont eat anything till about 3 then he wont have his tea so he has a 7oz bottle and goes bed its been like this for a few days iam goin to call my health visitor but i wanted to ask you ladies for any advice.

he has just gone onto lumps a week ago and thats when he started being like this before he had breakfast then a dinner at 12 then a bottle at 2 then a tea at 5 then his bedtime bottle at 7.

how many bottles should he be having please help any advice will be greats thanks xxx:shrug:

From what I've read I think at 7 months and on 3 meals a day they should have 3 bottles a day. But every baby is different, some may want more, others less.

Perhaps try less lumpy food for a while and then re-introduce it a week or 2 later.

The HV should, hopefully, be able to give you some good advice and put your mind at rest.

x

My boy also dropped his appetite a lot when we went onto lumpy food. We are not sure whether it was coincidence, but he cut two teeth round about the same time. We know don't know where it was the teeth or the food.

We have gone back to smooth food and he is eating like a champ again. He is busy teething badly at the moment, was soon as the worst of it is over, we will try the lumps again.

some times he has good days like today hes eaten all his food and then some foods he crys through trying to feed him but i think i have realised why i think he is teething its just a matter of being patient but he is also getting very mard and wants to be cuddled all the time which is cute xxx

My tom is just the same. I introduced lumps last week and ever since he hardly touches his food. He wasnt really drinking his milk anyway. he has since cut two teeth tho - so again i dont know whether it is the teeth or the lumps.

I wasnt worried because he had gained a bit of weight before hand and was off his growth line, but I think he has lost all of that now. I am going to leave it a week and then take him to the health visitor.

i took him to get weighed on wednesday hes dropped just below his growth line and the HV explained that it might be because hes teething but to also try giving him our food mushed up instead of the baby jars xx

I hope it works! Tom will eat whatever I am eating, but turns his nose up at jars and things out of his bowl right now. I might give that a go myself!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->