my little girl arrived 04/11/11 via c-section

LoolaBear

3 On Earth 1 in Heaven
Reaction score
so my little lady is a week old now, cannot believe it!

short story: Georgia Hannah Mary 04/11/11 9.44am via c-section 7lbs 8 1/2oz

so the long story goes:

28/10/11

taken into hospital due to pains in my previous section scar. after test after test and 2 hours of monitoring :shock: the found that the pain wasnt affecting little lady and it was more than likely her head pressing on my scar causing the pains.
after the consultant came in and told me i could be discharged i started getting my things together.
5 minutes later the registrar came in and said she wasnt happy, back onto monitoring i went for another hour, then she did a thorough exam of my uterus and baby and said she was concerned about baby's size, said she was small and that she would like her out sooner rather than later really. also blood tests showed my bile levels were on the high side, nothing to worry about yet but it was a concern. so after what she had told me we sat down and discussed the options and decided the best thing was to book me in for another section and see how things go leading up to the section. so i was booked in for the 4/11/11, a week to go.

31/10/11

into antenatal to monitor little lady just to make sure she was ok, monitor picked up contractions but not strong ones and they werent regular.

02/11/11

back into antenatal for more monitoring and for bloods to be taken ready for the section, two days to go!

03/11/11

mum and dad pick the twins up ready for the arrival of their little sister!!

04/11/11

birthday!!!!
had to get up at 5 to get the last checks done. pack the car and off i go.
got to the hospital at the change over of shift so had to sit waiting for handover to finish. once done the midwife who was going to be looking after me for the day arrived. she was lovely.
within the hour the anethatist and consultant arrived to check everything with me and get me to sign my consent forms.
next thing i knew my cathater was being put in and i was being wheeled down to theatre!!
when down in theatre the second anethatist (lucky me i had two lol) mucked up putting my canula in and ended up putting a local anethetic on my hand as well so with the canula in the other hand this time i was left with a numb hand, silly man.
then my spinal was put in. the doctor hit a nerve :growlmad: so before i went numb i had to endure stabbing pain right down my bum and into my right leg.
then my blood pressure dropped. the room was spinning, i was feeling sick it was horrible. they spun me onto the table and gave me something to bring my blood pressure back up. the curtain went up, show time!
i didnt pay much attention to what was going on as my blood pressure kept dropping at one point it was only 59/26!!! i kept talking rubbish (cant for the life of me remember any of it just remember that i didnt make sense and it was completely random things) then she was born. she didnt cry and was blue, she had alot of mucus on her chest that was blocking her airways, within seconds it was clear and she was crying. relief!
she was handed to DH whilst they did internal checks on me (ovaries, bladder, bowel etc) blood pressure was still low, not responding to any of the medication, they had to keep adjusting the table to see if it helped.
finally i was stitched up and into recovery, had to have constant BP checks until it was at a safe level.
managed to get skin to skin and breast feed little lady, she latched on for 40 minutes!
it was then that i got told her weight ... 7lbs 8 1/2oz!! so much for small, they were estimating 5lber! it was a relief though.
blood pressure back to normal i was taken up to the ward.

within 12 hours i was up and out of bed, she was feeding like a pro, then night time hit. all of a sudden she had trouble latching on. after 5 hours on the breast, alternating between the two i made the difficult desicion to switch to formula.

shes such a brilliant little lady. feeding every 4 hours, sleeps most of the night cant believe i am blessed with such a little angel.

shes a week old now and full of cold (twins brought it back from grandmas house!) but still shes not too bad just a bit grouchy.
the twins absolutely dote on her and cant get enough of their little sister. lots of kisses and cuddles.

so now we are a happy family of 5 and i couldnt ask for anything else, baby blues have passed me by this time and i jsut feel content. thank you to everyone for all your support over the past 9 months :flow: :flow: :flow:

Congratulations on your Rainbow Loola.

V xxx

Congratulations! Lovely name, Georgia is so pretty :flower:

https://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u302/melodysbrokenpieces/congratulations/Congratulationsbaby.gif

The moment a child is born,
The mother is also born.
She never existed before.
The woman existed, but the mother, never.
A mother is something absolutely new.
:kiss:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"